storybook babies

princess is born to a bit more than nothing. the queen likes to drown her soul, and the king really only rules delusion

when the princess is small she watches the queen fold inward on herself like a paper doll faced with wind, and she listens to the king tell tales of love and lust by moonlight.

and- Prince Charming really isn't so charming at all.

the union is arranged. forged through gilded hearts and blood and not knowing any better.

but princess is young- and fragile, porcelain eyes and innocence chattering over her body-

and when Prince Charming speaks he is loud, violent- so she folds inwards on herself-

like a paper doll faced with wind.

She waits for a while,

For a hero on horseback to come and steal her away.

one day she meets a peasant boy, with shiny eyes and a shinier soul. he tells her the world is full of beauty, and if she cannot find it- to be beauty herself.

but he falls ill. for the kingdom is poor, the king is bloody, gilded heart bruised from the inside.

when princess is young she watches the king beat the queen to rubble.

Prince Charming is only a boy with a black heart and a sweet tongue to make up for it-

and she spends long nights wondering who loves her more-

The boy with the shiny eyes, or the blade pressed against her silly wrist.

But she is not a princess. She is a girl. And the king is a boy who became a man too young, the queen is a woman who smells vodka like love.

She meets Prince Charming when she is small, and she becomes addicted to him more than she is to nicotine comfort.

for this is real life, and there are no storybook characters-

no one will come to save you. you shall learn to save yourself.

and happily ever after isn't a place, no one can take you there.

it is a feeling, just below your throat

at the right side  of your chest.

( I don't even understand this and I wrote it lmao. This sucks im )