cheap glances

don't look at me like that. don't look at me because i will notice everything, i won't miss the small smile on your face and the laugh that isn't directed my way. don't look at me because summer lives in my stomach but forever lives in my chest.

falling in love was not part of the plan and to tell you the truth things would be better if i hadn't. you could blind me and i would read your skin like braille, and i could spend my nights plucking rose petals "loves me, loves me not."

you can ask me why i am so kind to people, why i will smile and why i notice. i notice everything, every bump and curve of your voice your hands your hair your everything.

you can ask me why i am so kind to people and i will smile and flutter lashes and say something like "because people have not been kind to me."

don't look at me because when you do i am drowning, i am swallowed by the downside and summer rises to my chest and forever will fade away. everything scares me, everything is horrifying and deafening  and i can't stand any of it.

i've got ribs like match sticks, like flintstones. and sometimes my hands aren't hands, my body isn't my body and everything is blurry and inside out and it's so intense i can't stand.

don't look at me because while it means nothing to you, it means everything to me.