Revelations

Someday, you will wake up and ask yourself.... "What am I doing here?"

With the weight of all the disappointments, it makes it hard to breathe.

We've gone too far through this war, but do we still have the chance to succeed?

Or are we too far gone?

This is still, Jack.

October 19, 2056

0723 HOURS in midair

on the way to Manila, Philippines

"Burns, are we there yet?"

"Not yet, captain. 20 minutes more." He replied with the usual British accent.

"Ready your ammunition, we don't know what's ahead of us." I commanded them as I reload my AK-74.

Then, I strapped my katana, wore my long-sleeved task force uniform, then attached my shades on the collar.

The place is pretty hot, but foggy. Pretty foggy, without a sign of the sun.

Suddenly, thunder and lightning hit the place, then it rained heavily in a blink of an eye.

"That's one heavy rain out there."

The rain was a blessing in disguise... Due to it, our AC-130 became humid and the outside of it is now washed off of all blood and fungus of the infected.

Unconsciously, I suddenly got glimpses of my family in my mind... while my head ached the worst. "Fuck!", I shouted in pain.

Then, everybody stood up, except for Lt. Burns because he was driving, and tried to help me.

But I told them that I was okay, and that it was just a headache.

I didn't tell them what I really felt.

It hurts again.

Maybe, Clarice wants to tell me something... But what?

All this time, I've been asking myself on what has happened to them? Answers. I want answers.

"Captain, we are about to land in 5...4...3...2...1..."

"Move out! Everybody, take your gun and pack the supplies. Move!"

0743 HOURS

in Manila, Philippines.

We're here. It's my first time here. They say the Philippines is a beautiful place. But unfortunately, we're not here for a vacation.

We're here to find the two scientists, Steven Collins and Sophia Ramirez... we're going to ask them questions... A ton of questions.

We landed near the EDSA monument.

According to my digital map, the underground hideout of the two scientists are 2 kilometers away from us. I'd rather walk to save fuel. It's actually pretty hard to see because of the fog and our eyes are pretty teary now because of the stench. It burns our eyes, like slicing plenty of onions.

Then there's this strong wind and heavy rain...

8015 HOURS

We've walked very far now, and we are now of great distance from the AC-130. For the safekeeping of the aircraft, I ordered Lt. Groves, Travis, and Lt. Burns to stay in the aircraft while the rest are walking with me.

"Beep... Beeeepp..."

The tracking device on the digital map notified me that we were just half a kilometer away from the hideout. It was still raining, raining heavily. We moved forward despite of all the hindrances that stop us from getting nearer to our destination. "Beep... Beep.."