Their Deadly Claws

Don't think there's no danger just because the water is calm.

Still Jack.

Oh no.

We're surrounded.

November 2, 2056

1603 HOURS

The team of terrorclaws surrounded us and shrieked as they stared straight into our eyes. 

They tried to scare as with their sharp claws as they slowly moved closer to us.

"Take them down after my signal." Haytham whispered.

"Now!"

We started killing them off, our bullets pierced their bodies killing them instantly. But they were pretty strong, they move swiftly and can dodge some of the bullets.

Unexpectedly, one of the terrorclaws leaped in front of me and tried to slash me with his claws. Fortunately, a dodged it and then I stabbed my katana through his chest.

Bullet shells still flew in the air as our forces continuously fired their assault rifles.

With just minutes, they were just corpses lying on the floor.

As usual, they decomposed as their corpses started rooting onto the sidewalk. Mushroom spores grew on them as they released a bad odor.

The smell covered the whole place, it doesn't smell good. 

But you'll get used to it, because it happens every time.

"Well, let's get the hell out of here before it's too late." I said.

Suddenly, we heard screams coming from the building where the terrorclaws emerged from. It seemed like the screams came from a living being, a human. I hope so.

"We aren't leaving yet. Follow me.", said Haytham

"Wait, don't proceed yet. I have an idea.", I said to Haytham as I stopped him from entering the building.

I looked back called Miguel, and asked him if he could try stopping the infected with his psychic ability.

"Sure, I'll try." Miguel replied.

Like before, Miguel raised him his left hand and tried to freeze the terrorclaws in place, so we could enter the room.

But he couldn't. He held on to his forehead and it seemed like his head hurts alot. "I can't do it, Jack. I can't."

"Okay, I know you tried your best."

"It looks like we just have to enter the building with caution.", suggested Haytham.

Before we could enter, we heard the screams again. This time it was very clear that it came from a guy and he was shouting for help.

After all that, Haytham entered the building along with us. We aimed our assault rifles everywhere, in case something pops up and tries to devour us.

The place didn't look good, along with its smell.

"This must be the hideout of the infected.", said Haytham in a speculative tone.

Silent shrieks came from the ceiling.

"Let's move upstairs." Haytham suggested.

1659 HOURS

We were on the seventh floor when something suddenly attacked Haytham. The terrorclaw startled Haytham's causing him to drop his gun.

I quickly threw the katana in my hands to the terrorclaw. My katana stabbed it straight through his chest, killing him instantly, as it shrieked its last.