Something More

Still Jack.

Something more. It looks like the infected aren't our only enemies. The Half-blood is the new enemy.

Menendez is the antagonist, another adversary .There's really something more.

October 20, 2056

2345 HOURS

It's just fifteen minutes 'til midnight. We're still here in the truck... driving around the city. I bet everybody's asleep at the back, and so is my son. Why haven't I seen such a beautiful city before? Sometimes, we see the beauty of the world in the most tragic moments. Moments we never expected to come. The moon is full and it ain't foggy anymore, but it's raining again.

To be honest, I really like it when it rains. It kinda makes me feel calm, and forget everything. The infected aren't wandering this part of the street this time, because I don't smell the stench I usually do. Maybe they're joining us and just enjoying the beauty of the city.

Groves has been driving for hours, looking for an apartment for us to stay for the night. Then, we found this old stone house with a neoclassical style. I ordered Groves to stop and park the truck then banged the aluminum wall of the truck to wake up the others at the back. "Hey, we're here!"

I proceeded to open the back door. After that, I carried the cardboard boxes and ordered the others to carry several backpacks which contained our supplies.

"We'll be staying here for the night, and if you would like, we would sleep here every night." I suggested.

I took my tracker and sent Burns the coordinates of our current location, in case they would need to look for us.

October 21, 2056

0000 HOURS

I can't sleep... and it's not about things that go bump at night. It's just pretty hard to sleep when you've got a lot of things spinning in your head. We don't even know how to get to the airport, but Burns does know how to get to Australia. The plan is to go to Australia by one in the afternoon. I'm lucky that this journal is still safe in my hands, and it's still in one piece.

1236 HOURS

It's just thirty minutes before one. I decided to call Burns and meet us the coordinates that I've sent.

Several minutes later, I started hearing an arriving aircraft... which was ours.

"Burns, we're going to Australia." I told him.

He nodded and proceeded to the engine of the AC-130 to refill its fuel tank.

"Who the heck is that!", exclaimed Burns when he saw Miguel. Burns grabbed the pistol from his pocket then aimed it at Miguel.

I quickly informed him that Miguel is part of the team now, before he could ever fire his gun.

"Oh. All aboard."

1453 HOURS

Mysteriously, the sky has been unusually calm all this time we were in the midair. No fog. No mist. It's not even raining. Just the sun is shining.

Everybody's sleeping. I'm the only one awake.

Because I don't feel like it's the time to sleep, but actually it is. Okay, I'll take a nap but after that I will continue writing.

October 22, 2056

1534 HOURS

about to land in Australia

I turns out that what I did wasn't a nap, I slept the whole trip. I wasted a moment with the sky, but at least I had time to rest.

Though I just woke up, I still feel sleepy.