Chapter 13: Plenty of Punches

I looked at the thing as Hulk punched it in the face and it started to fall forwards towards us. I moved out of the way "Hold on!" Tony shouted as he shot the thing with a missile and it exploded. We all ducked down and I covered myself and Steve went and covered Natasha with his shield. The thing slid off the bridge onto the ground. All the Chitauri started screaming at us as we gathered together having each other's backs. I looked up at the sky "Uh... Guys, we have company." I stated looking at the portal seeing more aliens coming out and flying around the city. "Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal everyone needs containment. Barton, I want you on that roof eyes on Everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, I want you on the perimeter. Anything that gets past three blocks out you turn it back or turn it to ash." Barton looks over at Tony "wanna give me a lift?" Tony nodded "Right, better clench up Legolas." I chuckled "Good, a new nickname for Clint. I was looking for one" I said as they blasted off. Steve looked at Thor "Thor, you gotta bottle that up. You've got the lightning, light those B******s up." Thor nodded and started swinging his hammer and he flew off. Steve looked at me "Jones, look for any Civilians and try to bring them to safety." I nodded and left them. I was running and saw the Chitauri were starting to surround a bunch of people. I ran over and took my gun out. "Hey, Fellas! Why don't you pick on someone your own size" they turned around and I shot them with my gun. The people looked at me with fear "I'm here to help" I said and brought them underground "Stay here! I'll be back for you when this is over!" I shouted and ran back out. I sighed as I tried to look for more people as I was taking out some more Chitauri. "Jones! You've got some birds on your tail." I turned around and saw 5 of those hovers flying at me. I pulled my gun out and shot at the driver and luckily it had crashed into the other one beside it. Clint managed to shoot at one more and the thing lowered the craft onto the ground and I pulled the trigger on my gun. All I heard was a click. I used my lasso on the Chitauri and smashed it onto the ground "Crap! Guys, I'm out of ammo." I said into my com. I hoped onto the hover and took off. "Use your other weapons in the mean time" Steve replied "Alright, I'm on one of those hover crafts things, so Stark don't shoot me" I was flying around the city and searching for more civilians. I looked at every block and frowned at all the dead bodies. "The areas clear.. The death total is terrible" I said into my com. "Alright, Jones, Since you managed to highjack one of the hover crafts I want you to help Stark and Barton." I sighed "Sure, Cap." I looked around the city when I saw Hulk take out another one of those Giant alien things. I looked in the building "I need you all to go on the first floor!" They all nodded and started heading for the stairs. I sighed in relief as I saw the coffee shop I put all the people in. I "landed" the thing and checked in on them. I sighed as they were all good. I ran back out and on the craft to fight.