Moving and making new friends

"Alice I'm home" I said walking through the front door of my foster home and dropping my school bag by the door.

"Ah, Amelia. We need to talk..." I knew this wasn't going to end well. I followed her through to the front room, already guessing what was coming.

"I'm sorry. I can't foster you any more. I'm just not ready. You're going to a lovely new place called 'elm tree house'. I think you'll fit in very well" she said quietly. What did she just say? Did she seriously just say 'I'm not ready'?

"What do you mean you're not ready?! Not ready to foster me? Do you really think I was ready to be put in care at the age 7?! And you're now not 'ready' to be fostering me?" I slightly shouted, standing up.

"Amelia I'm sor-" she began but I wasn't having any of it.

"No you know what? I'll go pack. I can't wait to leave. I'm sure Elm tree house or whatever it's called will be much better for me. Hope you're happy" I stormed off into my room and began packing. I put clothes, pyjamas, everything I needed in my suitcase, including my stuffed dog called Misty. In my rucksack, I put my phone, iPod, earphones, phone charger, purse and a few posters.

I walked downstairs to hear Alice on the phone to someone called Mike. I had no idea who it was.

"Probably from elm tree house" I mumbled, rolling my eyes and walked in to the front room.

"I'm ready." I said raising an eyebrow, waiting to leave.

"Got everything?" She asked politely. I just slightly laughed. How dare she act politely after this? I walk out of the door and sat in the passenger seat, ready to go.

------

We pulled up outside of a big house.

"Woah" I smiled as I got out of the car to be greeted by a man.

"You must be Alice" he shook Alice's hand "and you must be Amelia. I'm Mike" he smiled.

"Ahhh! Mike" I suddenly realised who Alice was on the phone to "oh um Hi" I smiled awkwardly. A girl with Brown hair came out and said hi.

"I'm Carmen" she smiled whilst Mike and Alice were talking.

"Hi I'm Amelia" I replied.

"Right Amelia, go get unpacked and I'll call you when dinner is ready" mike looked at me.

"Okay" I was about to walk indoors with Carmen when Alice spoke.

"Bye Amy" she chirped.

"It's Amelia. Only people I like can call me Amy" I turned around and carried on walking with Carmen.

"I'll show you to your room" Carmen led me upstairs to an empty room "I know it's plain but you can decorate it however you want and for a bonus, there's a nice window" she chuckled, walking up to the window.

"Yeah I guess" I got my iPod out and put my bags on my bed.

"Well I'll let you unpack" and with that, I was alone in my new room. I put some music on; "Love is on the radio" by Mcfly.

After a while of un-packing the only thing left was some posters. I put McFly on one wall - if you can't tell, I love them - One direction and Union J on another, Lawson on the wall with the window and A mixture of people on the other wall;

- Ariana Grande

- Olly murs

- The script

- The vamps

- 5sos

- Gabrielle Aplin

- Demi lovato

- Tich

- Rita Ora

- Katy Perry

Suddenly, once I was done, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" I called and sat on my bed, turning off the music. The door opened and I watched to see who it was.

"Um Hi. I'm rick" a boy with brown hair came and sat next to me on my bed.

"Hi, I'm Amelia" i smiled back.

"If um you don't mind me asking, Um why are you a care kid?" He asked, looking at his lap.

"Well My parents went to prison when I was seven" I said, causing Rick to look up with a slight smile.

"Same" he cleared his throat "I'd Um really like it if we could be friends" he smiled.

"You say 'um' a lot don't you?" I laughed, "but yeah same"

"Dinner!" Mike called from downstairs.

-------

At tea time I sat in between Carmen and Rick and got to know every one.

-------

After tea We all sat and watched hollyoaks for a while.

"Oh god Tom just escape!" I shouted at the tv, whilst it was on the scene of Tom and Sienna. Everyone looked at me.

"Yeah I tend to shout at the tv" I laughed and they laughed back. After Hollyoaks we all went upstairs to have a bit of time in our rooms. I laid down on my bed and put my earphones in, playing "21st century love" by Joywride. I only had one earphone in so I could hear the others talking or playing music.

"Johnny give it back!" I heard tee shout.

"TYLER!" Elektra screamed. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

My door creaked open slightly so I pulled my earphones out and paused my music.

"Hi. Can I come in?" Rick's head popped inside the door.

"Yes" I giggled.

"Watcha doin'?" He asked sitting at the end of my bed.

"Talking to 'um boy,' you?" I teased playfully.

"Oh I'm just talking to 'I shout at Hollyaoks girl'" he winked and we both laughed.

"Amelia? Tomorrow how would you like to go and get your new school stuff? School starts in a few weeks. And while we're out we can go get some stuff for your room" Mike walked in, looking at me and Rick.

"Yeah okay" I smiled and Mike left the room.

"Sooo... Tell me about yourself. I don't know anything about you. For all I know you could be horrible" Rick teased again.

"Yeah I am..." I joked, giving him a playful glare. He laughed. "okay.... About me? Well, My parents went to jail when I was 7, which you already know, I like music and swimming, horse riding and football and... I'm an only child. I like dark blue, Watching films and drawing. That's it really" I chuckled.

"Ahh. You like football?" Rick raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, girls like football...sometimes. But to be fair i like boy-Ish stuff" I laughed.

"What boy-Ish stuff?" Rick wanted to know more.

"Err... Football, 'pirates of the Caribbean', skulls, 'fast & furious', black, dark blue, Avenged sevenfold, I don't know. Just boy-Ish things haha" I continued.

"Ooo I like All of that too" he said excitedly.

We spent about half an hour talking until we decided to go to sleep.

•••• sorry this chapter is short and bad. It was just starting it off. The next chapters will be longer AND better. Thanks for reading. ****