Three simple words

"Stop it!" I pushed away from him, not letting him come any where near me. Confusion instantly spread across his face, his eyebrows kitting together as he took a step back.

"What the hell Amelia?!" Despite confusion, the only emotions I could see on his face were worry and hurt. I felt bad, knowing that what I just did had upset him in a way that it wasn't meant to.

"Look, before I say anything else, I need to know wether you still like me," I was crying, close to a whisper. Now he looked even more confused, taking a while to reply.

Guessing he was going to say no, I cried even more. I had made an idiot of myself and just when I was going to walk away, he spoke up.

"Yes," I looked him in the eye with what un-blurred vision i had left. "Of course I do, Amelia. I always have since the day I met you, but that isn't the point. Why did you act like that and push me away?! Did I really deserve it?" He had a point. He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve any of it.

Instead of replying like most people, I decided to cry even more. I started crying and crying as if nothing could stop it or cheer me up. Rick didn't know what to do. He didn't hug me, didn't talk, nothing.

I managed to pull myself together enough to talk, to break the silence. But before I could, the rain came and it wasn't just showers. It was a heavy downfall. We both looked up at the sky at the exact same time. Within a matter of seconds we were drenched; our hair floppy; our clothes sticking to our skin; it felt like we were in the shower.

"Let's get in, we need to talk about all of this." Rick shouted over the heavy rain, holding his hand out for me to take. I stepped back, scared of going back in. To be honest I was surprised no one came out looking for us. I guess they knew we were old enough to get our selves inside.

"No! I can't go back in. I can't face Johnny, it's too weird. I don't like him like that, but he thinks I do. It's just too complicated. Please don't make me, you can't!" I started panicking as Rick lowered his hand and looked at me.

"Amelia, you'll catch your death. Please, for me. I'll take you straight to your room, away from Johnny. " He came closer, putting his hand on the side of my arm. "Wait... you don't want to see Johnny because you don't like him in that way, but then why don't you mind seeing me?"

RICK'S P.O.V

I was stood in the freezing cold rain, trying to get Amelia inside. It wasn't working. She was dead set on staying away from Johnny. I don't know what happened. She was fine and confident when Johnny came home, but as soon as he spoke to her, she flipped out and ran. It was all really confusing.

"Wait... you don't want to see Johnny because you don't like him in that way, but then why don't you mind seeing me?"

Amelia stuttered, almost like she was scared she'd say something wrong. "Amelia?"

"Because... I don't know! It's different!" She was still crying, not a lot, but still quite a bit. I hated seeing her cry, it was like one of the worst things, especially knowing that I was the reason.

"How? Do you like me less or something?!" I was starting to get guite impatient, I really wanted to know the difference between me and Johnny.

"No!" She shouted at first, "No... It's not that," then she'd calmed down and stopped crying, her voice now back to near a whisper.

"Well then what is it?! Because one minute we're going out, then you hate me, then you kiss Johnny and then we're talking again. It's not right, you either like me or not!" I had to shout over the rain so she could hear me, it'd also started being windy, making it even colder.

"Why does it matter to you?!" She screamed, "You shouldn't care who I like. Like you said, one minute we're together, then we're not. We're not together any more so why does it matter?!"

I was stuck for words. The lump in my throat seemed to get bigger to the point where it literally felt as if it was about to pop out. I honestly had no clue as of what to say or do.

"Because-Because I care! Okay? I care why you talk to me and not Johnny. Why? Because I want to be the one you feel comfortable around. I want to be the only one you tell certain stuff to. I want it to be us two again, in a relationship. Together. Without Johnny coming between us. I don't know if that's what you want too... but I'm not keeping it a secret any more." We'd both calmed down. But the thing is, I calmed down because what was on my chest had now been said out loud and it felt so much better. But Amelia's reason wasn't the same. She seemed to have calmed down when I said 'I want it to be us two again, in a relationship." Now, I had no idea why. Was it because she wanted the same? Or was she just shocked? Or was it even because she didn't like me back and didn't know what to say? I was so scared; images of possible replies were racing through my head. Images of her smiling, crying, shouting and even running from me. But the one the stuck out the most, was the image that constantly circled around my brain. The one where she walked up to me, not saying a thing, and kissed me. I knew it wasn't going to happen but a guy can dream, right?

"Wait.... what?" She took a step closer, her brown hair all stuck to her cheeks. Seriously why did she have to be so cute when we we're no longer going out?

"You heard. And I'm not going to lie to you - or myself - any more. Becuase I DO feel all that, it's all true so react how you want but it's out there now so..." I trailed off my sentence, trying to read her reaction. It was so easy to read; she was shocked.

AMELIA'S P.O.V

What Rick had just said hit me like a load of bricks. It was such a shock. Never did I expect it.

'He still likes me' I kept saying in my head but No matter how many times I said that to myself, it didn't seem true. At all.

"I love you." That's all I had to say, all I could think of. Just three simple words: I love you. It all came out at once, sounding just like one word. I looked at the ground, not sure of what was happening. It was still pouring down with rain and I was starting to freeze slowly to death. Okay maybe that's an exaggeration.

Rick didn't say anything. Had he ran away from me? Was he even still there? Well I didn't know because being me, I was once again looking at the wet grass beneath my feet.

**** PLEASE READ

Okay so if you read my author's notes, the one in the chapter before said that I'd update twice before next Wednesday the 30th April (which is now tomorrow) but I've only updated once so I'm moving my deadline so I have an extra day to update the next chapter. So the next one should be up by the 1st May (thursday) so it won't be long :) ****