chapter 12

Helllooooo.........and here's a looking chapter.....took me this long..😐

Sorry for late updates....anything in this chapter or book should not be related or judged by the believes of religion. This is just a fictional story through my imagination. Religion has nothing to do with it.....thankyou.....and...for now enjoy the chapter....

〰〰〰〰〰〰

Alishba pov:

"It's true. I'm uzair and you're Maria." Like I said speechless. speechless i don't know what to say. Maria. Maria nawaz. If I'm Maria nawaz than what's the deal with Alishba. I lived a lie.  My whole life was a lie.

My expression was hard as I observed my father. He was tense as I stared him. His shoulders visibly relaxed as grandpa put his hand on his shoulder. "Care to tell me, what in the world is going on?" I crossed my arms as I stared both of them. Papa sighed again and walked towards me. "Come. It's time to tell you." He looked the let's of us and nodded. "Rest of you follow us too."  We made our way back into the mansion and up the stairs. Papa led us to the study followed by me grandpa, Ryan, Maher, ishra and Afan. Afan shut the fdoor firmly behind him and locked it.

What about the guest? "Don't worry the guest will be escorted out by our staff." Grandpa answered. Oops. Did I said that out aloud. Grandpa took his usual seat behind the table. Papa sat opposite him and motions me to sit beside him. I looked the rest of them and took the seat hesitantly. Taking a few breaths I looked papa expectantly.

"I don't know where to start!" Papa looked me and averted his eyes. I yawned. As much I wanted to sleep I want to know the truth. "Start from the beginning. We have-" I looked my watch, "-all the time." Grandpa cleared his throat making me snapped my head towards him. "It's over midnight Maria a-" I cut him. "It's Alishba, not Maria." I was annoyed that I didn't know why he was calling me Maria. Grandpa nodded curtlyand then continued again. "We are all tired including you. It's been a long day for all of us. We should continue this in morning. We all need our rest." I glanced towards papa whose shoulder relaxed a bit. "I want to know it now." I won't be able to sleep at night if I didn't knew the truth. Grandpa shook his head and stood up. "You are just like your mother, stubborn. But I won't take it. Everyone to your room, now. We shall discuss it on breakfast."

I was looking him dumbfounded. Did he- did he just said I'm like my mother?  He knew my mother?

Duh, he called your father his son. What does that imply? My subconsciouswas rolling her eyes on me.

I felt someone saying something and I just nodded without thinking. And the next thing I know I'm being lifted into a pair of strong arms. I squealed and snapped out of my thoughts. Ryan was looking me confused. "What are you doing? How dare you touch me? Put me down." I slapped his chest but he kept looking me confused. "You agreed to be lifted. I asked you if you're tired I can carry you and you nodded." He shrugged. I bit my lip and mentally scolded myself for zoning out. "Well now I'm saying put me down." I huffed. A part of me was liking the warmness and safety. I was tired and sleepy so I snuggled a bit deeper in his chest, inhaling his scent. His chest vibrated as he chuckled. "Well, I think your mind telling me something else." He teased me. I slapped his chest lightly considering I was half asleep.

I fought to keep my eyes open but they shut. I faintly remember him opening and closing a door. My eyes flutter when he put me down on the bed. "If you're tired I can can change you?" I shot up from my bed and looked up to see a smirking Ryan. Jerk. "You know I wouldn't have mind changing you." He chuckled. I looked him with blank face. Why is he being so nice to me all of the sudden. He rarely smiled with me let alone laugh.