chapter 26

Ryan pov:

Placing the phone back on the night stand I looked again at the beauty in my arms before pulling her closer to me and closing my eyes.

I intend to make it right and I'll be damned if I let my belle get hurt. With that thought I was asleep.

...............

I got up to find an empty bed and frowned. It was always the other way around. I would wake up before and gaze at her as she slept. But today was different. Getting out of bed I took a long shower before getting dress in sweatpants and a tee.

The house was eerily quiet. Well, it was always quiet but today it felt like no one was here. I treaded towards the kitchen to find it empty except for our maid, "Jenny, where's everyone?" She was in her late forties and had known us since I was a Little boy. She smiled at me and answered, "Mr. Nawaz and your grandfather is in dining room having breakfast. Others have gone out." I frowned, "gone out?" I thanked her and went into dining room to greet uncle and grandpa. They were having breakfast and conversing over the current business issue.

"Morning grandpa, morning uncle, do you know where everyone is gone?" I asked while taking a seat across from uncle. They both looked at me and smile. "Morning, and yes." They both said in unison before looking at each other and chuckling. I smiled at them knowing my family were happy. "They had gone in the town. You know some shopping and entertainment." Uncke looked at grandpa and they shared a look. "And why didn't anybody tell me?" I asked frowning, even belle was gone without telling me.

"Uh..well-" uncle looked at grandpa who cleared his throat and then looked back at me, "they, as in your wife said that you would hate it and get bore so they left. Sorry son, but you gotta wait with your old men. It's been long since we men had time." I raised a brow, "are you implying that I am getting old?" He gave me grin, I got​to admit, even at his age he had nice teeth. "That's what everyone else and your wife thinks." They both chuckled and I shot them a playful glare.

"Oh come on, son, we men can have our own fun. They'll be back soon." Uncle said wiping his face and sitting straight. "And what exactly that fun is." Grandpa rolled his eyes, "well, we old men, are going to go sky diving and play footballs and swim till the sunset." Sarcasm dripping from grandpa's voice. And without holding I burst into laughter. "I would like to see you guyz do that." Smirking I gave them an amuse look. Both of them smiled then turned serious, "but we do have business to discuss." I gulped knowing what exactly that business is. After breakfast, all three went to study to discuss the business. But my mind was wandering to Alishba.

I couldn't help this nagging feeling inside of me. Feeling apprehensive, I got back to conversation hoping it's just my mind.

.....................

Dinner time came by and they hadn't returned. Not that but none of them were receiving the calls. They go straight to voicemail. I hope everything's fine. Jenny came into the living room and put a cup of tea in front of me, "Mr. Nawaz said you'll need it before you pull your hair out. They are in the garden and wishes to see you once you have drink that." She pointed towards the tea and smiled before leaving. Grandpa's probably right, I should distract myself. Drinking the tea I walked towards the garden to find grandpa sitting under the tree. I smiled and joined him.

"Evening grandpa." I took a seatt next to him and looked over the setting sun. A sigh escaped my lips as I realised how it had been since I had seen and held belle. Grandpa chuckle making me look at him in confusion, "what?" His eyes shone with amusement and glee, "young love, already missing your wife. Should I expect grandchildren?" I laughed and stopped while chuckling, "I don't know grandpa. I can't say anything. We haven't discussed it." He nodded in understanding and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I know something's going on with you. And it's okay if you don't tell anyone. But make​ sure no one gets hurt. Especially not the angel. I cannot allow you to hurt her. Grandson or not you will have to answer me." Something tells me that I will have to answer him and I was sure as hell not looking forward to it.

"Do you understand me, boy?" When I did not answer he shook me to get my attention. "I asked something?" I nodded my head the words stuck in my throat making me want to choke. I know I would die before hurting Alishba but the way he said it, I don't know what I'll do. Just then the car pulled up in tge driveway and I knew instantly who it was. Smiling I got up and looked at grandpa. "Go ahead, I'll meet everyone inside." I nodded and went towards the driveway.

Everyone was getting out but something was off. They were stiff. All of them, their bodies tense as they walked. The maids Carried all the bags inside while Afan was holding Alishba while Maher walked on her left side keeping close. Jealousy started bubbling inside of me and I had to close my eyes to calm down. I cannot ruin it again. Nothing happened. They're just friends. Taking keep calm breaths I followed them in. Once inside Ishra and Maher went straight to kitchen and Afan led Alishba towards the living room.

A frown got on my face as I took in their appearance. Alishba was gripping her shirt tightly and visibly looked tense. I narrowed my eyes as I noticed she was shaking too. Afan was rubbing her arm trying to sooth her. My protective mode clicked in and I reached them in three strides. Kneeling before Alishba I held her hand and almost winced as they felt cold. Looking into her eyes my heart constricted as I saw unshed tears in them. "What happened?" I asked Afan but my gaze still on belle. If anyone tried to hurt her I'll kill them. Without saying a word she threw herself in my arms and that's when all the strands broke. She. Started crying. I caught her as she fell on my lap while I was kneeling. Placing my arms around her I pulled her further in me and tightened my hold. Her head on my chest as tears socked my shirt. One hand rubbing her back while the other raking through her hair.

"Would you tell me what happened?" I asked Afan again. He nodded and looked away, "let dad and grandpa come." I sighed and keep whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Her sobs started to lessen for which I was thankful. I hate seeing her crying. It was worst than if someone threw you off the cliff than burned you. My legs started to feel numb with the awkward position so I carefully got up caring Alishba bridal style and sat on the couch with her still on my lap. She was now calm and less tense. Grandpa and uncle came rushing into thee living room towards me. I tightened my hold on her as if to protect her from everyone. "Babygirl, what happened? You're scaring daddy. Please tell me. Afan what happened?" Uncle looked at his son and asked.

Afan motioned for them to take Seats. They both reluctantly took their seats and looked at Afan expectantly. "We were having fun and we did some shopping. We were returning to our car when Alishba said she forgot a bag back in tge shop so ahe went to get it while we proceeded to get in the car. We waited for  five minutes when she didn't came back I went to see her but-" he paused and I felt Alishba shake. I started rubbing her back to sooth her and tell her that I'm there. Uncle asked impatiently, "but?" Afan took a deep breath. "But what I saw froze me. Alishba was laying on the ground with a boy's​ body a few meters away. She was unconscious. I called Ishra and Maher and they came rushing. I told them to  get the boy to hospital. The ambulance came just then and took both of them and we followed. Alishba got consciousness after a while but the boy...he-he died." I felt wetness on my chest and knew Aliahba was crying.

"But what happened?" I asked feeling like something is missing. Afan closed his eyes then looked at me. And I saw it, I saw fear for the first time in his eyes. "Someone tried to kill Alishba. A woman there told us that she was crossing the road while a truck came out of nowhere speeding down the road towards her. She said that Alishba stopped in the middle of the road to help the boy pick up his things but the truck came rushing towards them. The boy suddenly pushed Alishba aside making him get the hit. He died at the spot." Everyone froze including me.

No one said a word. And I know that deep down who did this. The buzzing of my phone made me stiffen. Pulling it out I swiped it to see a text message.

This was just the warning.

It was. Enough to make me froze.

,..........................

Helllooooo....here it is as promised..... I hope you'll like it.....and plz plz do support me for wattys....its because. Of you that I managed to go there......

Seriously love you all for the support.....