You've Got Something I Need-Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson

Jen and Josh Fanfic

You’ve Got Something I Need

Chapter 1

-Josh-

“Why is she with that douchebag?” I said, rolling my eyes and looking away from Jen snuggling up with Nicholas under a tree. “She shouldn’t even be allowed to bring him to work, it’s ridiculous.”

“I know you love her,” Elizabeth said, trying to hide a smile. We were sitting on my trailer steps, waiting for our next scene.

“I don’t love her,” I say. “She’s just the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, I think she’s perfect and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.”

“And that’s not love?” Liz smiled and chuckled back to her.

“Why does it have to be so complicated? I just wish he wasn’t in it. I wish he was with someone else,” I complained.

“He’s actually quite a nice guy once you get to know him,” Elizabeth suggested.

 I shook my head. “I don’t believe in making friends with the enemy.”

Elizabeth held back a laugh and I nudged her.

~

At the end of the day, after Nicholas the dick had left, Francis called us in to have a talk.

“Alright guys, now we only have the next two-three days to finish filming catching fire and we still have a fair bit of work to do, so we need work incredibly hard!” said Francis and we all nodded. “Which means NO distractions, got it? Jennifer, I’m talking to you.”

“Excuse me?” Jennifer said. I looked across the table at an astonished Jen. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That boyfriend of yours,” Francis wasn’t making eye contact but Jen gave him a deadly stare. “He’s distracting you. I called you about seven times to come and shoot your next scene, and you only heard me on the eighth because you were with him and when you did come to shoot it, you hardly new your lines because you’d been spending all of your time with him!”

Jennifer rolled her eyes. “What are you? My father?” Jennifer looked around for help from anyone and when she locked eyes with me, I quickly looked away, trying to tell her that I agreed with Francis.

Jena sighed. “Jen, he is a bit distracting. Plus, while you were shooting that scene with Jeffrey, he came up to me and hit on me!”

“No, he didn’t!” Jen laughed. “He wouldn’t do that.”

“Uh...I was actually there, Jennifer, and it was really clear that he was flirting with Jena,” said Liam.

Everyone waited silently.

Francis broke the awkwardness. “He can’t be here anymore, Jen. Sorry...”

Jen looked around helplessly and I felt sorry for her. “Josh?” I bowed my head, avoiding eye contact. Everyone stared at me, expecting me to say something. I’d always been there for Jennifer when she had no one else. I knew she needed help and support, but I couldn’t give it to her. Jen sighed. “Fine...I won’t bring him to work anymore.” She got up angrily and left.

“Thank you, everyone, I’ll see you tomorrow,” said Francis and we all started packing up.

-Jen-

I was furious. Not just at Francis, but at Josh as well. He’s my best friend and best friends always help each other. I knew he saw me looking for help in that room and all he did was betray me and take Francis’s side.

As I walk out to my car, I see Josh about to get into his vehicle.

“Hey, asshole!” I call out. Josh looks up at me, his face painted with guilt. He sighs. I turn to face him straight on and walk towards him. I can tell by the look on his face that he knows I’m fuming.

Jena, Francis, Liam and Sam are all in the parking lot about to leave and I feel each pair of their eyes on me as I charge towards Josh.

When I get to him, I look into his eyes and I can tell he’s sorry.

“Look, Jennifer, I’m really sorry,” he says quietly.

My face is close to his as I scowl at him, showing how mad I am. “You know how I feel about Nicholas! Why the hell didn’t you stick up for me!?”

“Why the hell was I supposed to? Maybe I don’t want him to be here, either! We don’t always have to agree!” Josh frowns, stepping slightly away. I can tell he’s becoming uncomfortable with our faces being so close.

“You’re such an idiot!” I yell. “We’re supposed to be best friends.”

“I said I was sorry!” Josh shouts back.

“I don’t care!” I continue, my eyes filling up with tears.

“Jen, calm down,” Jena puts her hand on my shoulder, but I push it away and Jena takes a few steps away from me.

“No! You don’t understand!” I turn around and a tear falls down my cheek.

“Maybe I do!” Jena looks at Josh in a meaningful way, but when I turn back to Josh, he still looks confused.

“You’re such a dick!” I yell, my voice becoming hoarse. “I can’t believe y-”

His lips. They’re soft and perfect. And they’re suddenly on mine. I have a feeling I want to kiss him back and it’s strange and fun and I don’t know what to do with it.

Jena gasps behind me and a little whimper escapes her mouth.

“Josh!” Sam calls from across the parking lot, shock in his voice.

I push away and our hands fall from each other. I look into his eyes and he looks into mine, we’re both frowning; confused.

“No...” I say and rush to my car. I’m out of there as quickly as possible.