Chapter 6

Chapter 6

-Jena-

Josh frowned and said, “Jena, what the hell are you doing here?”

I laughed. “Well, I thought maybe you’d be...t-too tired to go to sleep yourself. I was worried about you, I wanted to make sure you got home safe and sound.” I smiled. That was an awful lie. Tonight was supposed to be the night that I told Josh about my feelings for him! And it was all fucked up! I was so angry at myself for choosing this night.

Josh frowned and looked sceptic. “Okay...? Well, I’m fine, so you can go home now.”

“Is that really why you were here?” Jen asked in a sleepy tone.

I nodded. “Sure was. I-I should go anyway.” I started walking away from the porch and to my car across the road, but just as I passed Jen and Josh, I realised how close they were standing next to each other and I noticed Josh’s arms around Jennifer. I tilted my head and frowned. “So...are you guys like a...thing now?” I asked through clenched teeth.

Josh turned around and I could see anger in his eyes. “Go home, Jena.”

I shrugged. “See you guys on Monday.” I chuckled to myself to make it seem like I didn’t care that they were in a relationship.

As I was walking to my car, I could’ve sworn I heard Josh tell Jen that I was clinically insane or some-thing like that. Well, on Monday, he would find out exactly how I felt about him and there was no turning back now.

-Josh-

It was silent as Jen and I walked up to the front door and when I helped her lay down on the couch, all she muttered was a thanks. I covered her in a blanket and went to kiss her forehead, but she moved away and startled me.

“Good night,” I said and she nodded.

I didn’t want to think that she was mad at me because she thought I had asked Jena here, so I told myself that she was just too sleepy.

-

The next morning, I woke up and found Jen sitting up on the couch, watching TV and eating toast.

I laughed. “You really like to make yourself at home don’t you?” She jumped when she heard my voice behind her an almost dropped her plate.

Jen turned off the TV and laughed. “Sorry,” she muttered.

I shook my head and smiled. “It’s fine.”

As she was washing up her dishes, she turned to me and said, “So was I just hallucinating last night because I was so exhausted, or was Jena actually on your porch?” She said Jena’s name in an angry tone that I’d never heard her speak in before.

I wasn’t sure what to say.

“Um...no, that actually happened,” I replied, avoiding eye contact with her.

Jen cleaned off her last utensil, put it in its draw and then turned to me. I noticed she had a tear in her eye that she didn’t have there before.

“Do you know why she was here?” Jen’s voice cracked when she said ‘she’ and a tear rolled down her cheek.

I swiftly walked over to Jen and wiped the tear away with my thumb. I took both of Jen’s hands in mine and looked into her eyes.

“Listen to me, Jen, I had no idea what the hell she was doing here! She just turned up! Out of the blue, I promise you I did not invite her over,” I said as I wiped two more tears away and Jen nodded, but I wasn’t convinced that she was convinced. “I have feelings for you and only you. I swear, I didn’t inv-”

Now I was convinced. Jen ran her fingers through my hair, her wet cheeks pushed gently on mine and our lips wanting more of each other.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered.

Jen nodded. “Thank you, but you didn’t do anything. I just can’t imagine why she’d wait for you at your house until like three in the morning!”

I shrugged. I had no idea what the answer would be.

-Monday-

-Jena-

I was going to do it. Today. I arrived at set with a surprisingly good feeling in my stomach and a shine in my eyes. I wouldn’t say I was confident that he was going to reciprocate my feelings; there was a huge possibility that he wouldn’t. Although I knew I was nervous, I didn’t feel it at all. I still had that reminder in my mind that Jennifer was still with Nicholas, and Josh and Jen were just friends. I kept telling myself that Jen was just too tired to drive herself home, so Josh let her sleep on his couch. That was definitely what happened. That-at least-I was confident about.

“Hi, Josh,” I smiled as I walked past him into the conference room where everyone was waiting.

“Alright, Francis, what’s this meeting about?” asked Liam.

“Are you gonna ban another one of Jennifer’s boyfriends?” Sam said sarcastically and we all laughed, but Jen and Josh shared a strange look I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

Francis chuckled and shook his head no. “Now, as you all know, this is our last day of filming, we just have to shoot the rest of the interviews with the tributes and Caesar Flickerman. We’ve done half of them, so we just need to shoot Johanna’s, Finnick’s and Peeta’s; which means we’ll only need Sam, Jena and Josh today, so if you’re not involved you may leave now.”

Jen clapped her hands together and stood up. “Great, I’m getting out of here and going back home to eat and sleep.”

“You’re leaving?” Josh asked worriedly and sat up in his chair.

A few people in the room looked confused. The two shared that same look that they did before...the one that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

Jen ruffled Josh’s hair and smiled. “I’ll call you later,” she responded. She then turned to the whole room. “Ok, goodbye everyone. See you soon, have a nice three-week break.”

Everyone else who wasn’t needed followed her out of the room, saying goodbye to everyone and exchanging hugs, and Francis, Sam, Josh and I were just left.

I turned to Sam and Francis and smiled. “Can you guys give Josh and me a second?”

Josh frowned.

Sam and Francis nodded and left.

“I have feelings for you,” I said bluntly as soon as Sam and Francis had closed the door.

“Excuse me?” Josh raised an eyebrow and widened his eyes.

“What are you, deaf? I said I have feelings for you,” I replied. This wasn’t as scary as I thought it was going to be.

“I-I’m dating Jen,” he said.

Suddenly, all of my nightmares were coming true.

Cliffhanger! I know, I’m sorry L. But I hope you liked this chapter and I’m sure the next few ones will answer any questions you have.

Anyway, how was your Christmas? I had an awesome time on the 25th and I can’t wait for 2014 to be here!

Please review if you can!

Love Always

-Millie xo