Chapter 9

Chapter 9

-Josh-

For the next few weeks of filming, Jen and I only had one scene together, and the rest of mine were with Donald Sutherland, some other people from the capitol and unfortunately, Jena. I’d tried to stay away from her as much as possible and I’d noticed after the whole fighting thing, she’d become a bit disinterested in me. No doubt about it, she still flirted with me almost every time I saw her, but she’d stopped staring at me as if I was something she’d like to eat and she no longer scowled at the mention of Jen’s name. It was confusing, but I was relieved.

-

-Jen-

“I miss you,” Josh said as soon as I opened my trailer door and saw him standing in front of me. It was the end of the day and I was getting ready to leave.

“...Hi?” I said, frowning and Josh chuckled.

He stepped into my trailer. I shut the door behind him as he took both of my hands in his. “Sorry, but I do really miss you.”

I nodded. “I really miss you too,” I looked into his eyes and I could tell he wanted to tell me some-thing. “What’s up?”

“I think we should go on a date,” he said.

I frowned and slipped my hands out of his. “We’ve already been on a date...numerous ones in fact!”

“Well, yeah, but they’re always the same,” he said and I frowned deeper.

“Explain,” I shook my head. I couldn’t deny the fact that Josh was confusing me more and more by the minute.

“Ok, so either I sneak into your place, or you sneak into mine and we order pizza or Chinese food and we snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie or Dance Moms, depending if it’s Friday night or not. Then, we make out until one of us gets tired and we fall asleep in each other’s arms,” Josh answered.

I widened my eyes. “And what’s wrong with that? The food was always good, you never complained about how I make you watch Dance Moms, the making out part is always...fun,” I blushed at that. “...A-And I like falling asleep in your arms.” I reached down and played with the bottom of his shirt. “Those were always my best night sleeps.”

“Look, Jen, I’m not saying that any of it is bad,” my boyfriend responded. He was starting to annoy me now. “I’m just saying, a change of pace couldn’t hurt.”

I sighed. “Fine,” I  said. “But where will we go? The paparazzi follows us everywhere.”

Josh took my hand and kissed it. “I know a place. C’mon, let’s go.”

“Now?” I said, raising my eyebrows. “I look awful.” I gestured down to my floral top and blue jeans.

“You look beautiful,” Josh swiftly replied.

He was still holding my hand when he pulled me in and kissed my lips.

“Alright, let’s go,” I said.

-

“Are you sure no one will find us here?” I asked Josh when we got out of his car and walked hand in hand to the ‘hidden restaurant’ as Josh described it.

Josh nodded and smiled at me. “Positive,” he replied. He looked around and kissed my hand. He’d been doing that a lot lately; kissing my hand...I wasn’t complaining, I liked it a lot.

We entered the restaurant and there was only one other couple sitting near the entrance. They were an elderly couple and I was sure they wouldn’t recognise us. The rest of the place was empty. We were seated at a table for two in the back and we talked a little bit and looked at the menus be-ore ordering.