Chapter 4

Chapter 4

-Josh-

For the rest of the day, Jen and I stay away from each other as much as possible. I was just happy we didn’t have to shoot any scenes together. Thank God! That would have been SO awkward. We shar-ed a few tense glances during the day when I passed her trailer just as she was walking out of it and other times. I’d been extra careful all day, making sure to not go any places I knew she’d be hanging around.

At the end of the day at about eight o’clock, just before I was about to leave, Francis suddenly called us all in and said,

“I’m sorry, guys, but it’s going to be a late night...we forgot to shoot the scene where Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch all find out that the tributes will be chosen out of the current and past victors.”

“I thought we were doing that on Monday!” I said, angrily. I was tired and hungry and I wanted to get as far away as I could from Jen as quickly as possible.

“Well, it turns out we needed it to be filmed, edited and perfected by Sunday, and I was sure they said next week, but it’s THIS Sunday, so we’ll have to stay here most likely all of tonight and probably some of tomorrow,” Francis said.

I ran my fingers through my hair, annoyed. I could see Jen looking at me and frowning out of the corner of my eye. I glanced at her and she looked away.

“I’m terribly sorry you guys,” Francis shrugged. “There’s nothing I can do.”

“Can we go?” Sam asked.

Francis nodded slowly. “Yes, we only need Jen, Willow, Woody and Josh.”

Willow and I groaned, Woody rolled his eyes and Jen had her ‘incredibly annoyed’ look on her face.

“That’s hardly fair,” Jen said in a pissed off tone.

“I never said it was fair, Jen,” Francis said. “I’m sorry...it’s not like it’s my fault.”

“Um, yes, actually it is!” Jen almost yelled.

I shot her a glance, warning her and she instantly saw me and looked away.

“Everyone can leave except the four that I mentioned before,” Francis explained, not taking his eyes off Jen as she looked miserably into her lap.

-Jen-

I was sitting in hair and makeup, talking to Melanie-the stylist-about what was going on between Josh and I, when he walked in.

“I think we’re pretty much done,” Melanie said, smiling at Josh and then turning to me and brushing through my hair with her fingers one last time.

“Great, thanks,” I smiled slightly at her.

It was silent for a moment and then Mel sighed and looked to Josh, then to me, then back to Josh. “I’d better give you guys a minute.”

“Thanks,” I said before she closed the door after her.

“Hi,” said Josh quietly. He looked at his feet, avoiding me.

I stared him. “Hi?...Just hi? Look Josh, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you, okay? That was defi-nitely not my intention. And now that I’ve had the whole day to think about it...”

“If you’re going to say you don’t want to be with me again, then don’t. I-I can’t handle it again,” Josh almost whispered. He still wouldn’t take his eyes off his shoes to look at me.

I got up from my seat and walked over him and took both of his hands in mine.

His eyes were closed and I wasn’t sure why, but I didn’t mind. This wasn’t one of those moments where I needed to look into his eyes and tell him what I was feeling. I placed both of his hands on my waist and then wrapped my arms around his neck. And I was going to kiss him. But I didn’t. I just hu-gged him and he hugged me back tightly. And I cried and he shed a tear as well. And just being there with him was enough. He understood me and I understood him, and everything was okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I know this one was short, but I've just been really busy lately; what with Christmas coming up and all, so sorry about the length of this chapter. I promise the next one will be longer, I just needed to get that last scene in ASAP.

I hope you liked it anyway, please review, favourite, follow etc.

Thanks!

Love Always

-Millie xo