Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-Jen-

I was sitting with Josh, Liam and Elizabeth during our lunch break when Jena came up and sat with us, smiling specifically at Josh.

I frowned. Although I knew this was coming, I didn’t think she’d flirt with him right in front of my face!

You didn’t think I’d expect her to just give up her feelings when she found out Josh and I were together, did you? Jeez, I’m not that selfish.

When Jena winked at Josh and he gave her a small awkward smile, I reached under the table and grabbed Josh’s hand. Josh turned to me and said,

“Are you okay?”

I looked over at Jena and saw that she was watching us closely.

“Just lookout for Jena, that’s all,” I replied.

Josh nodded and smiled at me reassuringly. “Hey, I only have eyes for you, remember.”

I squeezed his hand and blushed. But inside, I still felt uneasy about Jena.

For the remainder of our lunch break, I mostly talked to Josh, who was on my right and Liz who was on my left, but I could feel Jena’s eyes on Josh, as she sat across the table from me, the entire lunch break. Even when Josh and I were talking with our mouths really close together and I was trying to make her jealous; she still didn’t even glance away! It was like she was actually trying to torture herself.

Finally, as Elizabeth and Josh left to go shoot a scene and Liam headed back to his trailer, Jena and I were alone.

“Alright, bitch, give it up already,” Jena said menacingly quietly. It was as if she was afraid someone would here but we were on the only ones in the break room and the doors and window were shut tight.

I decided not to play dumb like they always do in the movies. “No. I won’t...ever. Josh is mine, Jena, you have to understand that,” I said it in a mature voice so that she would realise I wasn’t looking for a fight.

“He might be yours now, but not for long, sweetie,” Jena said.

I hated it when people called me sweetie and Jena knew this. It enraged me that she was so confident and preppy about herself.

I leaned on the table, folding my arms and resting my elbows on the tablecloth. “Look, Jena, I know you’re a really good person deep down, so why are you being so bitchy? It doesn’t make sense.”

“Because-”

“No, I get that you’re jealous and you want to be with Josh more than anything, I’ve been there,” I said, although I hadn’t really. “But you don’t have to be a bitch about it!”

Before I knew it, Jena bounded over the table and had tackled me to the floor and was pulling on my hair, screaming that I was a whore. I managed to get my hand out from under her knee and slap her across the face.

“You’re so selfish!” I yelled, still fighting her off. Although, she was on top of me, I was stronger than her and we both knew it.

Jena reached down to backhand me across the face and just as the back of her hand hit my cheek, Francis, Josh, Sam and Woody burst through the door.

“Stop! Stop!” Francis screamed.

I looked up, but just as I did, Jena grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled it so hard a few tears escaped my eyes.

“Get off me!” I shrieked. Jena still held onto my hair tightly. She refused to let go.

I stretched my arms behind her and dug my fingernails into her bare shoulders. Jena screeched in pain and I didn’t like to admit it, but it made me feel a little better.