Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-Jen-

I stared at my phone as more Facebook, Twitter and text notifications came up. Most of them were from Josh, but Jena and Sam kept asking me if everything was okay. I was sure they were doing the same to Josh as well, but I couldn’t think about that right now. All I think about is how Josh kissed me and how I didn’t stop it at first and how guilty I feel for cheating on Nicholas in an instant.

I mean, yes, of course Josh and I have kissed before and everyone says you can always tell if people are trying to tell you something through a kiss. They say that, right?

My mind stops when I see a notification pop up on my screen reading ‘I love you, Jen’.

“Oh my god,” I say out loud. “No!”

My heart starts to slow down when I realise it was just Nicholas, not Josh and I sigh in relief.

I love you too xx, I text back, but a little voice inside of me is screaming liar and telling me that I should feel all the guilt the world has to offer. Come over, I have to tell you something... I text. I have to get this off my chest.

-

“What!?” Nicholas yelled.

“Nick, I’m so sorry, you have to listen to me! He kissed me!” I told him, trying to keep my voice down.

“Well, you didn’t stop it!” shouted Nick. “I can’t do this anymore. Every time you go and shoot a scene, I’m always wondering if you’re kissing him or if he’s touching or if you’re feeling something between you guys.”

“That’s the thing; I have no feelings for Josh!” I replied, starting to get annoyed.

“I think you do have feelings for him, you just don’t know it yet.”

“He’s only a friend, I don’t like him like that,” I said as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

“Well, whatever he is, I can’t do this anymore,” Nicholas said, running a hand through his hair. He turned around and opened the door.

“No! You can’t do this to me, you know I love you!” I shrieked before he closes the door.

He turned around to face me. “No, I don’t.”

And just like that, he closed the door and was gone. I covered my face and cried.

After a while, my eyes had no more tears and I could barely breathe so I sat down, and thought of the one person I needed at this time. I took a deep breath and dialled Josh’s number.

-Josh-

“Jen, I came over as quickly as I could,” I said as soon as Jennifer opened the door. She had tear-stained cheeks and red eyes and she looked like she hadn’t slept in days. “What’s the matter? You sounded really upset on the phone.”

Jen grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. She cried into my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back. After a few minutes, she could finally get some words out through her sobs.

“N-N-Nick and I b-broke...we broke u-up,” she stammered, burying her head deeper into my shoulder and continuously crying.

“Jen, I’m so sorry,” I hugged her tighter and went to kiss her cheek; anything to make her feel better. But I stopped myself just before my lips touched her skin. I thought it would be classified as crossing the line after what happened yesterday. “Here, sit down, tell me everything. You know I’m always here for you.”

Jen guided me to the couch and she told me literally everything that had happened. Everything from what time she called him to the look on his face as he left her.

I couldn’t help but feel bad, after all; I was the one who kissed her in the first place. But remem-bering that moment I know nothing could’ve stopped me. I just HAD to kiss her; otherwise I’d regret it for the rest of my life. But now that Nick had broken up with her because of me I was definitely starting to regret it.

“I’m so very sorry, Jen,” I apologised as I rubbed her back and she hugged one of the lounge pillows.

“Don’t be, Josh,” she looked up into my eyes and tried her best to smile. There was a lot of tension in the air. The last time we’d been this close was when... “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Yes, I did, I ruined your relationship!” I exclaimed, taking my hand off her and holding my head in both of hands. I wanted to punch myself I was so ashamed. I had to stop myself from crying because I felt so bad. “I shouldn’t have kissed you; I’ve completely ruined your life now. I’m so sorry!”

I could see Jen shaking her head out of the corner of my eye. “No, don’t say that, Josh,” said Jen. She placed both of her hands over mine and brought them away from my face. “I knew you had to. I could tell you needed to kiss me...I’m not sure why, but that’s okay.” She’d finally stopped crying and looking into her eyes, I could tell she was feeling better now that I was here. “I kissed you back, remember? It wasn’t your fault that Nicholas and I broke up. If I truly loved him would I have kissed you back, Josh?”

“I still shouldn’t have kissed you in the f-” Before I could finish my sentence, Jennifer’s lips were on mine and I was having déjà vu, remembering the feeling that I got yesterday when I kissed her.

When we pulled away, I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and said, “Now, we’re even.”