Chapter One. returning to a childhood Mystery

(Hey guys, telling you now, none of the cover belongs to me, nor do any of the characters in this book. Hope you enjoy and maybe crack a few mystery yourself as you read, i apologize for spelling mistakes, my keyboard is a shit.)

-third persons POV-

The Summer breeze blew through the tall hanging Pinetrees as they looked down upon a town of mystery. Gravity Falls Oregon was a small sleepy town, not many resided but it was home to the pines twins and many others.

The bus rolled up to its stop with a squeak of its breaks. A pair of combat boots and a pair of twinkle toes hit the ground as Eighteen years Old twins Mabel and Dipper touched down upon the soil of the place they held dear. A place that had always been home, a place they fought for.

Simultaneously they took in a deep breath, smelling past the exhaust of the bus they had just fled, they smelt the fresh air that the trees gave off. And maybe whatever is cooking down at Greasy's Diner. They looked at each other with a soft smile. Mabel had gotten her braces off and had her hair back in a pony tail. She still wore her sweaters but less frequently. Dipper himself hard grown quite a bit over the years, now towering over his so called 'alpha twin' at an astonishing 6 foot 2. A small scruff of a beard was shown and his dirtier signature Pinetree hat still sat upon his puff of curly brown hair.

They walked down to their home silently and happily. Earning waves from the towns people, everyone knew them. They finally made it to the Mystery Shack, since Soos had taken over it had been fixed up quiet a bit, the sign had been fixed and no longer spelt out Mystery Hack. The pathway to the door no longer was littered with candy rappers from tourist children, and they had even added a new edition to the Mysterys.

They walked in and listened as the little bell tolled above their heads. A familiar redhead looked up from a magazine and smiled at then.

"Yo, Dopper and Mabes." The male said with a serene smile. Cody, Wendy's younger brother had taken over at the counter since Wendy had to left to college. Though she now has a high paying job as a lumberjack. She now ran her own mill and was being ginger money in by the day.

Mabel fist bumped the freckly ginger and grinned widely. "Hey Co Co, how ya been?"

"I've been Great. And yourselves?"

"We've been great! Huh Dippin sauce?" Mabel looked at her brother, who was distracted by the new attractions that Soos had put up since their last visit, and even some of the ones he has done brought to help bring in customers last summer. He looked up at them.

"Huh?" He asked. Cody and Mabel just chuckled

"Zoned out as usual." Cody leaned over the counter and looked at the two. "You've grown since the last time I saw you two, just Wait till Stan and Ford see ya."

"Huh? I heard someone say my name, better not be stealing my money." The grumpy and gravely voice of their beloved Grunkle Stan walked in with his twin Ford by his side.

"Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Ford! It's great to see you!" Mabel rushed over and gave each of them a hug.

"Great to see you too Mabel, hey, i said stop growing, don't want to end up like us. " Stan chuckled. Mabel giggled and began a conversation over the past year with everyone. Ford looked at Dipper with a smile, his Brown eyes sparkling with their usual kindness and Mystery. Dipper smiled back and walked over to give him a hug, now about the same height as his Grunkle he chuckled.

"Been a while, how ya been? And your journals, how are they coming along?" Ford asked once pulling bzck from the hug.

"It's going great, i can't wait to start another year in gravity falls to write more about it!" Ford chuckled, reminded once again of how alike he was with his great Nephew.

As the family chatted about past and present experience's the time quickly passed. Soon it was ten at night. Ford and Stan had fallen asleep Against each other and scored loudly. Mabel and Dipper sent each other a knowing smile before draping a blanket over the two and leaving them be. They treaded up to their shared attic room. Now exhausted from their long ride and of the day they had. They both changed into their sleep wear and lay in bed.

Mabel head hit the pillow and she was out like a light, as for dipper, he stayed awake for a bit and wondered about the many new mysteries he was going to solve once awakening. His eyes drifted shut as his thoughts danced through his heasd. And he fell into a blissful sleep. At least for now, they would be wear they could reach the highest mountin, or be able to count all the stars in the sky. But they had no way of knowing. About what's to come of them.

The moonlit trees blew with the beautiful night breeze of summer. Animals lay down to sleep. The grass blew in a soothing sound. Alone in the woods sat a cracked and mossy statue, a statue of a triangle, an old foe once vanquished. Now lay motionless in stone. The one who caused so much mystery, terror and heartbreak, was soon to return. The ancient powers have been invoked. And he shall return. Until then, the dreams were the only safe place. But only for now.