Chapter Six. Mournful Mabel

-Mabels POV-

I lay on my side in a fatal position, usually I'd be crying by now, but I guess I was dried up. After my date with Pacifica I came home and heard the awful news. My gay best friend had been killed by my brothers (soon to be) boyfriend. As soon as I heard the news I thought for sure Cody would come out of hiding and start laughing as he usually did. But nothing, i locked myself in the attic room, it's been three days, with little to eat and not a lot of sleep. I stare blankly at the wall.

How could this happen to someone like Cody? He was amazing, always bright and looking on the good side, he was mischievous but was the nicest person ever. And that's why we got along so well. Until we found out he was gay, Pacifica hated me hanging around him, i thought she was just being silly. Cody was not my type. I smile faintly at the memory of Cody coming out fearfully.

Pacifica had just accused him of sleeping with me when he burst out laughing, letting it slip about him being gay, he looked terrified. He was always like that, sometimes we would sit with each other and tell each other our problems, his was that he was never really as manly or daring as his brothers or wendy. Though he knew his father wouldn't mind him being gay, seeing as he was married to a man (I regret nothing) but it still scared cody at the thought of his father manly Dan to reject him for, well, not being manly. But it had turned out fine, Tyler had calmed down Dan about the whole feminism thing, seeing as Tyler had always wanted a daughter, this was close enough.

Dipper and Ford had been working none stop on finding Bill. But everything came up as nothing, Ford went through what was missing and feared that Bill was building another portal. He couldn't stress enough the dangers of such things. So he worked, night and day on building new equipment to fight against bill while still searching for him. Dipper had gone through all his journals and the forest, finding new places and things, but he didn't care about it as much as he cared about finding Bill.

Cody had been as close to dipper as he was to me, at one point I think they dated, but only as an expirament, that's how Dipper found out he was gay. They didn't last long, they broke up and decided it was mutual, so they were bck to being friends. It was cute while it lasted but I was back to shipping Bill with Dipper. now, i hate that demonic triangle. He can go back to wherever he came from! He killed my best friend! And he was going to pay.

I hopped up from my bed, took a quick shower, changed, and went downstairs with determination. I seen ford leaned over the table, staring down the his work in frustration. I slammed my hands on the table.

"Grunkle Ford. Tell me what I need to do to make that triangle Pay." He looked up at me and smiled lightly, sitting up and nodding we began to discuss plans. We worked well into the night until dipper came home from the woods, looking frustrated and exhausted. He slammed the door and plopped into at chair beside us, leaning on table he put his head in his hands. I rubbed his back and we got back to work. Finally me asnd dipper fell asleep at the table.

-be Stan-

I sigh and hang a large blanket over dipper and Mabels sleeping forms. I smile lightly and and take off dippers hand and moved the books out from under mabel. I heard a heavy sigh and looked over at my brother. He ran a hand up under his glasses and across his face. He had large dark bags under his eyes. Thinking back on it, he hasn't gone to sleep since the incident. For as smart as he leads on he sure is a dumbass.

"You should go to bed." I move the sling my arm was in into a more comfortable position. Ford looked up at me and shook his head with at stubborn scowl at he leaned back over his books.

"I can't do that stanley, this work is crucial."

"And so is your sleep Poindexter, now go to be before I drag you there." He sighed again asnd shook his head.

"In your condition stanley, i doubt you'd be able to, and that's another thing. He sent a large blast of energy into your leg and thank god that's healed by now, but you fell and now your arm is broken, i can't just go to sleep after that." He kept his gaze on the books, i seen his eyes move back and forth across the page. I glared and sighed heavily.

"Come on Ford, you need sleep."

"No stanley, and don't ask me again." A growl emits from the back of my throat.

"Fine, i won't ask." I grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. Thank god he was to tired to fight back as much. I gripped his arm tightly as he tried to pull away, but I wouldn't let go. Not for anything.

"Stanley will you just let me work! I need to make sure he doesn't do this again!"

"And I need to make sure you get rest cause I care for you dumbass!" I stopped and turned to him. He blinked and stood straight.

"Stanley, I'm sorry, i didn't realize how much I was effecting you..." I sighed.

"It's fine, just, please take care of yourself, cause even of Bill starts another weirdmaggedon, it wouldn't be worth fighting if I didn't have you with me." I crossed my rims and looked to the side.

"Stanley that's sweet, okay I'll get some sleep and take care of myself. I can't believe you got ll gushy like that."

"Can it Poindexter. " I glare, he chuckles and walks to his room. I sigh lightly to myself and go to make sure the house was secure before slipping under the covers beside Ford, who was already sleep snoring a and curled up. I smile lightly and roll over, closing my eyes as sleep overtook me.

(The stancessssssssst, hope you enjoyed)