Chapter Two. Calm Before the Storm

-dippers POV-

I slowly open my eyes to a cob webbed, board ceiling, i take in the familiar scent of dust, musty weather beaten furniture and wood, and other smells the just make me feel at home. I sit up and admire the homey atmosphere of the attic I have shared with Mabel since we were twelve. I look over to Mabel, she slept sprawled out on her bed, her auburn brown hair flung in her face and her soft snores filled the air. I smiled and stood up, i was always an early riser.

I stretch and walked downstairs, my sock covered feet padding along the steps down to the living room. Looking around I notice Stan and Ford are no longer huddled up on the couch together, i chuckled and remembered that Mabel had snapped a photo right before bed. I walked to the kitchen and looked awround, the dirty dishes in the sink, the stain covered table cloth and moth-eaten curtains. I loved it all, this was where my fondest childhood memories were created. I sigh happily and grab a glass of water, sipping at it as I walked outside to sit on the porch steps, staring into the lush green trees and shrubbery that I had walked through a million times and still haven't gotten tired of.

I take in a deep breath of the fresh morning air and kick my feet through the dewy grass, getting my socks soggy, but I didn't care. I sat without a care in the world, my hazel eyes closed in relaxation when I laid back against the splintery old wood. A soothing, happy sigh left my lips, and I think about all the new things to discover and the forest to venture into, since weirdmaggedon, there was a lot of weird anomalies and oddities left behind, and it was amazing, i loved documenting it all in my journals. Yes I had my own journals, i scrounged up what I could remember from the journals of grunkle Ford, and made my own. Instead of a golden hand and burgundy covering, mine was a baby blue cover with a silver Pinetree on the front.

Mabel always made fun of me for still wearing my Pinetree hat, and whenever I would invent something or finish an entry in my journal, i would finish it with my initials and a pinetree. She thought it was funny for some reason. But I didn't get the joke. Speaking of Mabel, i wonder when she'll get up, Pacifica should be over any moment.

Oh wait, I'm forgetting to tell you, Mabel and Pacific's got together just last summer. They had gotten over their differences and finally admitted their feelings for each other, the thought made me smile. I remember when Mabel would come home and complain about how snobby Pacifica was, but it would always end up as a harsh complement about her, or her eyes, or even her makeup. I knew they would become close, maybe not that close, but I am glad they are happy, that's all that matters to me.

I sat up and stretched, my back popping in multiple places. I stood and walked inside. Going back up to the attic and got my clothes, my usual grey tank top and red and black flannel, and simple ripped blue jeans. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door, stripping from my night clothes I turned on the shower and get in. Feeling the warm jets of water hit my back in a soothing, rhythmic and almost therapeutic way pulled a relieved, relaxed sigh from me and I couldn't remember the last time I felt like this.

.-Mabel POV-

I awake from my dreams of cotton candy, unicorns, and rainbows. By falling off my bed with a hard thump. I groan and sit up, rubbing my head. I looked around and smiled happily around the the familiar scene of the attic. Glitter still covered my end and on dippers, paper and nerd stuff. I stand up and look around, a few of my old boyband posters sat in a box at the end of my bed. I smile and shake my head at how childish I was. But hey, I got that cute blond I have always wanted.

I check my kitty cat watch and notice the time. Gasping dramatically I rush to go to the bathroom, Pacifica will be here any moment and I haven't showered in days. I heard the shower running and groan, banging on the door.

"Dipper! I need the shower! Come on!" I lean against it dramatically.

"Mabel! I'm almost done! Just give me a moment!" I heard the muffle reply from inside, making me groan in dramatized lament.

"Your as bad as a girl in the morning!" I bang on the door to a tune I had never heard. Humming in an out of tune way until the door finally opened and I fell to the floor, Dipper stood with a towel around his waist and a glare on his face. I pouted at him in a childish manner.

"Excuse me! Aren't you going to help me up peasant?" I hold my hand out. He rolls his eyes and steps around me and into the attic room. I pout and stand up before heading into the shower quickly. Ten seconds in the shower was all I could fit in right now, what am I, a teenage boy? But I was out in no time, my hair wet and tangled down my back and shoulders. I rush to get clothes on and then down to eat. I sigh to myself and breath in the smell of home-made pancakes.

Man I missed Grunkle Stan's pancakes, mom and dad never had enough time to cook for us at home, so we usually heated up some frozen waffles or scrounged for whatever cereal was left. I shrugged the thought away from my mind, I do not need to think of that right now. Sitting to chow down on about six pancakes. Dipper soon comes down and stares at me like I belong on display at the tourist trap of a house we live in. I merely shrug and continue. A knock comes from the door and I harph down the rest of my pancakes before rushing up and to the door. Opening it with a bright smile I see a familiar blonde in a pink pleated mini skirt and lake-foam green t-shirt. I grin and tackle her into a hug. I giggle happily as she yelps in surprise and tries to stay steady.

"Paci! I missed you so much! How have you been my beautiful?" I ask, applying a quick peck to her lips. I see a dark blush spread across her cheeks and she looks away. this made my hear flutter with pride at seeing the woman I love still be affected the same as a school girl.

"I've been doing fine, how have you been?" She crosses her arms and looks down. I giggle and kiss her cheek.

"I've been fine my wonderful, now come on! I want to see what's happened to the town since I've been gone!" I take her hand and rush out the door with a last goodbye to my family.  I skip down the steps and smile, I honestly have been curious abut how Gravity Falls has changed since last summer, it always changes in some way, some how, and I liked it that way, life is great. I've got a beautiful Girlfriend, and an amazing Family, and I'm in the place I love. What could possibly go wrong right now? I happily sighed and closed my eyes as I walk hand-in-hand with Pacifica.

Hope you enjoyed~