Chapter Nine. New Possibilities? pt 2

Third person point of view

Bill stared at dipper in anticipation as his heart raced.

Dippers eyes locked with the floor as his words came out, we'll thought out.

They had to have been, he hasd to think first.

Bills froqn grew into a bright smile as dipper spoke his next words.

Unfortunately, a certain elder with a red turtleneck asnd a trench coat went up to check on the boy. Bill hugged dipper tightly in his arms. The door slammed open.

"Dipper! What are you thinking! Get away from him!" They broke apart ass Ford brought out gun, the gun was impressive, the butt was tucked into his shoulder securely as he glared hatefully at the blonde in front of him through the scope. He got ready to pul. The trigger.

Dippers eyes widened as he rushed forward to stop ford. But it was to late, in an instant, a red beam shot out of the gun. And hit bill, through the heart, blood soaked his shirt as it also dripped from his mouth, his eyes shot wide. He looked down at the wound, then up hopelessly at Dipper.

Dippers eyes went wide and his knees shook. He watched as Bill smiled and closed his eyes, his being shattering into tiney golden dust particles. Dipper slowly sunk to his knees as tears formed in his eyes. It flashed by as if a vivid dream, right now. He wished it was.

Ford placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's better this way, you have no idea how many deals he's broken, how many people's trusts he's betrayed, dipper. He betrayed you and tried to kill you." Dipper didn't meet eyes with his uncle. Instead he silently cried and watched as the tears soaked his jeans, he clenched his fists.

"Great uncle ford. You must not trust nyone, because enough certainly don't trust me." Dipper stood and wiped his tears. Looking ford straight in the eyes, Ford stood, his mouth agape as he stared at dipper. Dipper turned, picked his bag off the floor, grabbed his journal asnd ran downstairs, not stopping when Mabel shouted for him, not stopping when stan asked what was wrong. Not stopping for anything every where he looked he saw gold dust, drifting along the wind, floating in he puddles, being carried by the summer breeze. Tears streamed down his face.

Dipper ran until his legs burned, until his sides hurt, until he couldn't breath. Until he couldn't feel the pain anymore. But the pain was always there, he slumped down beneath a tree and pulled his knees to his chest, crying into them he continplated what to do next, he was exhausted, he had just woken up, but he couldn't help it. With all he'd been through that day. He couldn't help but let his eyes drifted shut and his breath settle, he fell asleep.

But bad at the Mystery shack everyone was confused and nervous. Mabel and Stan looked at each other.

"What do you think happened?" Stan looked at the door he had ran out of. The sound of boots stomped down the steps. They both looked over at an upset ford.

"Bills gone. But we have another problem."

"Does it have something to do with why Dipper ran out? What happened?" Mabel walked up to Ford. Ford gulped hard and met eyes with the young woman.

"When I found Bill, he was with Dipper. From what I heard, they had deep feelings for each orher. But, i did it anyway, Bill was fooling him, he would have betrayed him in the end. And Dipper will figure that out soon. Give him time." Mabels eyes went wide.

"You're...you're telling me...you killed dippers first love? Because you don't trust him to make the right decision?" Mabels head hung low. Ford sighed in slight exasperation.

"Mabel, Dippers too young to know how bad this would have ended up, it was best to do this now, then let his heart be broken in the future, and he will find that out." Mabel gritted her teeth.

"You followed your own advice to the end. If Dipper trusted bill then i trust him too! Dipper is smart! He would never do something like that without thinking it through! And if Bill did try to betray him then he would learn and figure it out! It would be easier than seeing his child hood role model destroy what he loves!" She glared at Ford as his mouth hung open, rendered speechless once again that day by his young relatives. Mabel didn't wait for him to finish as she dashed off into the forest after her twin brother.

"Mabel wait!" Stan called for her as she ran. He looked at ford and sighed.

"I know you meant well, but. You should have at least taken in the fact that Dipper loved him, and that maybe he was smart enough to find out whether to trust him or not." Ford looked at Stanley, crest filled and defeated.

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm not the one you should apologize to. And maybe it's a bit to late." Stanley walked into the gift shop to distract himself by bleeding tourists dry of their vacation spending cash. Ford stood and stared at the floor, rethinking everything. What had he done? He was only trying to protect Dipper, what went wrong? He sighed and turned to go to his basement/lab. He needed to distract himself, but no matter what he did, or what he tried. He couldn't, he just couldn't.

He wasn't sure what he could do. He sighed to himself and continued with his work.

Sticks and leaves crunched under Mabels sparkly shoes as she shouted for her brother. Where could he have gone? She's checked everywhere, the diner, the graveyard, she even asked Gideon and Robbie if they had seen him. But they said no. She groaned and stamped her foot, looking around nervously, dark bags had been under her eyes since Cody had died, she looked exactly like Dipper now, except she hadn't had the scruff.

She sighed heavily and slammed her fist against a tree and gritted her teeth, how could Ford do this to her brother? She knew he only meant well. But she wished he wasn't so hard headed, this is a trate that both Dipper and Ford shared. She sighed and leaned against the tree.

"I'll find you Dipper, this will be okay..."