Chapter Four: Stay Awake

Today was Challenge day.

I shot up immediately when the hair horn is blasted thoroughly the loud speaker.

I could hear Lashawna complaining from the Gopher Cabin.

"Wake up Campers, get ready and make sure you throw on your running shoes" Chris says before he hangs up on the loud speaker.

I throw on my knee brace. I also throw on red and black athletic shorts and my black Nikes. I put on one of my favorite red tank top that said 'I bust mine to kick yours'

I go to the bath house to do my hair and make up. I put on my make up and I put my hair up in a pony tail. I grab my large thin fabric black head bands and I put that on. I pull to the shorter hairs that hang on the side of my face and I straight iron them to make them stay an look good.

I walk out of the bath house and I put all my stuff back into my bag.

Everyone is gathering outside of the cabins.

I walk out there and I stand next to Heather.

"What's with the Sporty Get up?" She asks me in her snobby attitude.

"This is how I normally dress at home, because I AM Athletic." I respond to her.

She sticks her nose up at me and turns away.

"Morning Campers! Your first challenge begins in One minute!" Chris rings.

"Um Chris, I don't think that's enough time to eat breakfast." Owen informs.

"Don't worry Owen, you will have breakfast... After you do a 20 kilometer run around the lake!" Chris says with excitement.

Obviously he was the only one who was excited.

Everyone groan.

"Oh shut up and line up." Chris demands.

We all line up to begin the run.

"Now, when you finish the run, you sit in the Mess Hall and wait for you team ok?" Chris asks.

Everyone mumbles "yeah" and "whatever"

"Oh and one last thing, to tell if your really out of shape and lazy, if Peg-Leg Robot over here beats you. You need to work out." Chris adds

I can tell that Duncan was trying to hold in his laughter.

"So original Chris, I haven't heard Peg-Leg yet," I say sarcastically to Chris while looking a Duncan.

He just gives me that stupid smirk of his.

"On your marks, get set, GO!" Chris yells and then blows through a whistle.

We all take off running. Some start in a sprint, what losers. The trick is to set a pace.

I set my pace and I continue to run. I end up ahead of everyone.

Good thing I decided to wear this today. This is my good running gear.

"Your a good runner Peggie the Pirate,"

I hear behind me.

I already knew it was Duncan.

"Yeah. And it must be embarrassing to let Peg Leg be ahead of you." I reply to him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I see the Mess Hall in my vision. I kept on running until I am at the porch. I drag myself in there and I lay my head I the palm of my hand with a propped up elbow.

One by one they all start to drag themselves in.

Owen busts through the door.

"CLEAR A TABLE! STAT!"

Owen has Noah slung over his shoulder. He lays him out and tries to go all doctor over him.

Everybody finally arrives and Chris and Chef show up.

"Wow guys, you let Syler, the one contestant with a leg that barely works, beat you!" Chris exclaims. "I lost 15 bucks because of that!" Chris says as he hands over 15 dollars to Chef Hatchet.

"Her leg is probably rigged to make her run faster." Heather complains.

"Face it Heather. You said I wasn't Athletic. And I just beat everyone here in a foot race, even when I'm injured. It's pretty embarrassing, isn't it?" I ask Heather with a smug look on my face.

She sends me a death glare.

"All right! You guys completed the first part of the Challenge!" Chris announces.

"FIRST PART?!? I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE CHALLENGE!!" Gwen exclaims.

Chris then pulls a curtain and the most amazing thing I have ever seen appears in front of my eyes.

A buffet.

"This is the second most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" Duncan says.

"What's the first?" I ask him.

Duncan opens his mouth to answer but Chris cuts him off!

"DIG IN!"
*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I...can't...move" Gwen complains.

"Alright, now it's time for the third and final part! The awakeathon!" Chris announces with glee.

"Wait, this was a set up! the running and the turkey was used so that it would be harder to stay awake!" Heather states.

"Bingo, now go down to the campfire, and let the awakeathon begin!"

Oh great. I'm not going to last long.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

12 hours into the Awakeathon.

So far everyone is awake, but right this second Owen drops.

"The bigger guys never last," Duncan whispers to me.

I wobble and my eyelids begin to drop.

"No don't fall now, let's keep each other awake by asking each other questions, ok" Duncan says as I keeps me from falling.

I slowly nod like a zombie off The Walking Dead.

We sit down on the ground next to each other.

"Ok, favorite T.V show," Duncan begins.

"The Walking Dead," I reply as I yawn.

"Zombie fan huh?"

"Yeah, and I also watch this other show, but you will think its stupid." I say to him.

We both lay back on the grass.

"I promise I won't laugh."

"I watch Dance Moms,"

"Oh my god no way!" Duncan laughs.

"You promise you wouldn't laugh!"

"Alright, I'm sorry. You go"

"Ok ummm, favorite Movie."

"Texas Chainsaw Masquer. That's an easy one."

"I should've guessed." I said.

"What's yours?"

"Um, Catching Fire."

"Your into the Hunger Games and the killing?" He asks me.

His eyes are all sleepy and droopy, but he keeps that grin on his face.

I slowly nod my head and smile.

I am too tired to be mad at Duncan. This time his company is actually quite interesting and fun.

I lay my head on his chest, an he wraps his arm around me. It takes me a while to realize because of lack of sleep.

I jump back a little and he pulls his arm back.

"Is there a problem?"

"No I just-"

"I know you dig me."

"Your such a skeez Duncan."

"Ok, ok. I have another question for you." He says as he sits up with me.

" What is you favorite romantic movie scene?" He randomly asks me.

"So we went for the future and killing people, to romantic movie scenes?" I question him.

"Just to change it up."

"Ok well, you might think this is stupid but, you know that movie where the girl sneaks of the party and goes to the dock on the lake. They guy follows her and finds her and confesses his love for her and no one else."

"Oh my god! that is the cheesiest movie scene ever! I can't believe... Syler? Syler!"

That's all I heard before I drop out cold.
*~*~*~*~*~*~
I wake up slowly and I see Duncan and Gwen sitting on the tree stumps.

Duncan is half dead and Gwen could drop any second.

Chris is reading a gigantic book to them, titled, 'The History of Canada'.

I lay my head down and I fall back asleep.

Next thing I know I hear a bull horn in my hear.

"Wake Up Gimpy, the Gophers win!" Chris exclaims.

"What happened to Duncan?"

"He fell asleep on the can. now go clean up and eat and meet back here for elimination"

I pick myself off the ground. and I walk to the Cabin.

I see all of the Killer Bass standing outside the cabin. I walk up to the door of the Cabin, and it swings open and hits me in the face.

I fall over on the porch.

"Who. Stole. My. MP3 player?!?" I hear Eva yell. She stand in the doorway of the cabin.

"It will turn up eventually Eva, none of us stole." Courtney says, trying to calm her down.

I lay there on the porch if the cabin, very dizzy.

"Hello Killer Bass," I hear Heather say as she walks up.

"Are you missing something?"

Heather puts out her hand and there was the Mp3.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you" Eva says as she snatches the device and hugs it.

"I guess no one stole it after all" she says as she nervously laughs...

Everyone gathers the stuff that Eva through our of the cabin and walks in.

Stepping over me.

"Looks like someone isn't having a good day," Duncan says while standing over me.

I pick myself off the ground and I stand there confronting him.

"At least I didn't crash on the can"

"At least I didn't crash in the 24 hours."

I was about to come back on him but the loud speaker interrupts.

"Killer Bass. Campfire. Now."

"Hope you aren't leaving sweet cheeks." Duncan says as he walks me to the confession all the cast the vote.

"I hope you are."

"Jeez, your harsh,"

"I am, especially when people laugh at my favorite movie scene." I say as I walk into the confessional.

/As much as Duncan pushes my button and gets on my last nerves, I want Eva gone. She knocked me out with a cabin door!/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Campers, if you don't revive a marsh mellow, you must walk the Dock of Shame, and ride the Boat of Losers." Chris says while holding the last marsh mellow.

Everyone has received a marsh mellow. Except for Eva and Courtney.

"And the last marsh mellow goes to.... Courtney."

"WHAT?! YOU GUYS VOTED OFF YOUR STRONGEST PLAYER! THAT IS A HUGE MISTAKE! I WILL BE BACK!"Eva yells as Chef drags her away and throws her into the Boat of Losers.

"You guys are safe, for now." Chris says with an evil laugh.

We all walk to the cabin to get a good night sleep.

"You didn't vote me off, huh?" Duncan says to me.

"Your not the one that knocked me out with a cabin door"
----------------------------------------------------
Trust me some romantic stuff is coming up!

Just stay tuned!

Love y'all xx
-L.B