Chapter Twenty-Two: Hide and be Sneaky

I wake up to the sound of bickering from Leshawna and Heather again.

When do those two ever shut up!

I put my head under my pillow and try to drown it out, but it doesn't work.

Ok whatever, I guess I have a new alarm clock in the morning.

I get ready and Chris tells us to meet at the dock.

"Today's challenge is al little game of hide a seek." Chris begins to tell us.

"Third grade called, it wants its challenge back." I scoff. Duncan puts his arm around me while snickering.

"You will be hunted down by Chef, who has a military back ground and a degree in ManHunting, and he will make this challenge very difficult." Chris continues. Chef gets that evil grin on his face.

"Chef, please demonstrate on Syler how you will get caught." Chris say with a Devilish smile.

Chef pulls out this huge water gun and starts to pump it.

"Woah, woah, why me?" I ask as I put my hands up.

"Because your Syler." Was his response.

"It not like I didn't-" I begin, but Chef blasts me wit the water gun, sending me off the dock and into the lake.

I plummet really far into the lake, for I decide to pull a little prank.

Being a singer and all, I am able to hold my breath for up to two minutes. I Grab a leg of the dock to hold on to and to keep me down.

I hear chatter above me and I smile the best I could under water.

Before I knew it someone dives in after me. Through my blurry eyesight, I was able to tell it was Duncan.

I swim towards the shore and I climb out as quietly as I can.

I walk up to the campers who are starting at the water with worried expressions.

"What's up with you guys?" I ask as I wring the water from my hair.

They all turn around and gasp.

"We thought you drowned!" Chris exclaimed while shaking my shoulders. I look past Chris and I see that Duncan pulled himself out of the water.

"No, I didn't drown." I say trying to act as confused as possible.

"Crap. That would've been good for ratings." Chris groans.

I look at Chef and I glance at the water gun. Chef nods and blasts Chris down a trail in the woods.

Everyone starts laughing.

"Alright, you got 10 minutes to hide, and then Chef is hunting you down." Chris says.

We all sprit off into different directions. Duncan and I went separate ways.

I walk slowly into the woods and I start to brainstorm on where to hide.

Options are running out quickly. I look up ahead of me and I see a cave.

"Bingo." I say to myself as I walk into the cave.

I walk in far enough where no one can see me, but its not totally dark.

I hear crunching leaves out in the opening of the cave behind me. I turn around and I just see a little squirrel prance on by.

I turn back around to a voice.

"Boo." It says.

"AHHHHHHGH!" I shriek.