Chapter Eleven: Bony Island

I walk out of the cabin feeling like I am on top of the world.

"Today, we are going to. Bony Island. You will row your canoes to the island, then you will pick them up and carry them to the other side, where you will start a rescue fire being judged by me. First team back here wins. Get to your canoes." Chris explains to us while demonstrating with a map of the Bony Island.

"Hey Syler, me, you, and Courtney in a canoe?" Bridgette asks me as we walk down towards the shore.

I don't really like Courtney, but there isn't really anyone else to pair up with.

We hook up our life jackets and we set off.

Bridgette begin to tell us what Geoff had left under her covers this morning.

"That, that, is sooooo bad." I admit to her as we continue to paddle. I look ahead of us and I see something protruding from the water.

A shark fin.

My hands start to shake as I continue to paddle. I eyeball the fin as it starts to swim away.

I really don't like sharks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All of our canoes finally reach the shore of Bony Island, and this place is CREEPY!

"All right lets get going." Courtney says as we all lift up our canoes over our heads and we begin off into the woods.

I was holding the canoe up with Bridgette and Courtney. I was in the front, then Courtney, then Bridgette.

Duncan rode with Harold and Sadie on the way up here.

What the Hell?!? That is the most unlikely combination for Duncan. But whatever.

The Gophers are right behind us on the trail. Eventually the separate from us.

2hours in and my arms are starting to cramp. Screams are heard into the distance. Telling by the girly screams, it was from the Gophers. They run past us with Monstrous Beavers with tusks chasing after them.

Better them than us.

As we continue on, we see two paths a head of us.

"Left or Right." I ask the team.

"Lets go left." Geoff suggests.

"The left path does seem wider." Bridgette agrees with him.

Geoff looks at Bridgette with dreamy eyes.

"What are you looking at?" Bridgette snaps at Geoff, and he looks away quickly.

We continue on down the left trail.

"I can't take this any longer." I say as I drop my arms from the canoe.

"I guess Mrs. Tough Girl can't- WOAH!" Geoff begins, but he is cut off by trampling to the ground.

Geoff shouts words of pain as he holds up his leg.

"Go on with out me guys." Geoff says.

Courtney begins to walk off but DJ grabs her.

"Oh no, from what I have learned by being an athlete, we NEVER leave a teammate behind." I begin to lecture her.

I turn around and I inspect Geoff's leg.

/I have seen Middle Blockers come down and break their ankles into two, but I haven't witnessed anything like this before./

"Lets do this. Get Geoff on top of a Canoe, and DJ and I will carry it." I suggest.