Twenty two

Harry had settled into hogwarts pretty well.

Umber had grown much bigger, as she was being exposed to large quantities of magic. She was now the size of a medium sized dog. 

She had also started molting, losing her scales and growing back in harder, more magic resistant ones.

Harry made sure to collect the fallen ones, and store them in a glass jar.

They were one of the most expensive potion ingridient, and were also used In charmed jewlery and wand making.

Umber had lost her solid black coloring in her molt, she was now mostly black, with a little purple shimmer, as well as purple on her underwings and belly.

She was adapting to his magic.

Also now she was learning some of her magic abilities.

She could teleport herself at will, and bend the element darkness.

She could also turn herself and others invisible.

Harry was in his bed preparing for the day.

This would be his first official day of hogwarts, his first classes.

He was up early as usual, and started looking through his books.

A few caught his eye.

Defense against the dark arts! That sounded totaly not useful.

Why not call it, "we're training you to be little dumbledore minions"

Herboligy? That could be fun

Plants were cool.

Harry got dressed in (defenetly not those ugly uniforms) pretty black robes, with a long cape and purple lining. They were specially made to fit his long, elegant wings, and were made in the same colors.

His mates, as well as mortem were still sleeping.

He walked through the common room, and left through the magically enchanted wall.

Umber flapped behind him, now far too big to ride on his shoulder.

As he was waking, a redhead, one nasty one in particular ran up to him.

"Potter. Dumbledore sent me to get you! He said to deliver this message."

Harry glared at him, but snatched the letter away.

Umber hissed at him, and he ran away.

Gryffindors, courageous?

Rather pathetic.

He opened the letter, and it said:

Hello Harry! I welcome you to come visit me in my office. I have some things to discuss.

You will find me at the third tower, behind the two griffin statues.

The password is sherbet lemon.

Sincerely dumbledore.

Harry stalked off to said location, said the password and entered the room.

"Hello Harry"

Dumbledore said in a welcoming, grandfatherly tone

"Lemon drop?"