Maki x teacher!reader

A/N: This request was made by @Giselle_is_just_afan ! Hope you enjoy it!

For the purpose of making this easier for me, I used both the American model and the Japanese model of a school system so that the plot can happen the way it does xD

...I just thought you should know since I assumed that you would assume I based it off the Japanese school system. lol idek, have fun with this story~

ALSO LATE HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI. IM GLAD OUR BIRTHDAYS ARE 3 DAYS APART SO I CAN REMEMBER MY BIRTHDAY. I HOPE YOU HAD ALL THE CHOCOLATE YOU COULD WANT.

Just yesterday was your 2nd entrance ceremony as a teacher and you were still feeling kind of excited. You weren't sure what this year would bring, but by the looks of it this was going to be a pretty fun year!

xXx

You slumped and let your head fall against the desk, forehead first, as you remember how excited you were for the year. Yeaaah, you take all of that back.

Several months have passed since then and you felt more drained than you've ever been in your life. Was it this bad last year?

"...(L/n)-sensei?"

You turn your head at the sound of your name, head still on the table. Your eyes fall upon a student of yours, an intelligent girl but somewhat standoffish.

"Nishikino-san?" You raise your head and attempt to look professional, "What brings you here?"

Her purple eyes glance around the room, focusing on anything but you.

"I'm on classroom duty today, so..."

"Ah, right. Give me one second."

Maki Nishikino. A bright, if not the brightest, student in your home room class. Someone as pretty as her, coupled with her wits and influence thanks to her family, well, she was certainly capable of becoming whatever she wanted.

However, what first drew you to her was the fact that she kept staring at you. Not even like the normal 'I'm paying attention to the lesson' type of staring. It was more...intense? for a lack of a better word.

At any rate, the point is you began to really notice her because the way she looked at you in class kind of unnerved you in ways you can't really explain. It also brought a light flush across your features, as you feel her eyes bore into you.

You grabbed a stack of papers you intended to use for today's lesson and carefully hand them to the red haired student.

"Make sure everyone gets a copy, and be careful."

Your tsundere student nods, grabbing the stack of papers in your hands. As your hands brush, you notice her face turn red.

"Nishikino?"

"Y-y-yes?!"

You frown in confusion, "Are you alright? It looks like you might have a fever."

Her eyes widen as she shakes her head frantically, her hands tightly gripping the stack of papers.

"I-I'm fine, sensei. It's nothing."

Her eyes dart away the minute you make eye contact, as you continue to gaze at her worriedly.

"Alright then. Take care of yourself."

The first year bows before you and leaves the room. You watch her go, wondering if something's wrong with her while admiring her---

You then flush, realizing you were appreciating her ass. You immediately stare at your desk trying to pretend that you weren't thinking such dirty thoughts about a student of yours.