childish!Umi x mature!reader

A/N: UmiSonoda15 requested this one, and here it is~ Ehe, I hope it's okay, and sorry this one took a while, I got distracted watching highfuri/High School Fleet, sooooo xD

ALSO!! THANKS FOR 10k READS!!! AND FOR ALL 40+ PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW ME AS OF ME PUBLISHING THIS~ You guys seriously rock~! I'll keep trying my best from here on out!

"Uh, what?"

"Like I said, I think she hit her head or something because she's acting weird!"

You glanced between two of the three second year students of the idol club while the last of the trio was sitting at a nearby chair, trying to make herself as small as possible since she's unable to hide.

"I see...have you consulted Maki about this? And does anyone else know?"

You were a helper at the nurse's office who usually had duty before and after classes. Every now and then a member from the popular idol club, μ's, would come by needing ice or bandages, so you were pretty well acquainted with them.

Usually it was the tsundere first year, Maki Nishikino, who would stop by with an exasperated scowl mumbling about how 'just because she has the most knowledge about medicine doesn't mean she has to be the one to go to the nurse', but because of that you two were pretty good friends. Today though, the red head was nowhere in sight.

"Well the rest of μ's knows, and Maki-chan couldn't figure out exactly what's wrong with Umi-chan, so we thought..."

Kotori glances at her blue haired friend while Honoka shouts, "Maybe she's lost her memory of the past few years and that's why she's acting like we're still in elementary or middle school or something?!"

You sigh, "Honoka, calm down, please. Your yelling will probably scare her more. Just...just leave her here for now. Maybe she just needs to take a nap or something."

The two girls look at each other, a small, worried frown adorning their features. All three of you then look to the only silent member in the room.

Whether it's because she senses all your eyes staring at her, or because you've moved to place a hand on her shoulder, she makes a high pitched squeal before hiding behind the chair she was just sitting on like a scared child. You stare, dumbfounded that your once graceful, serious, and elegant image of the archer has been reduced to a terrified and tear faced, albeit cute, large child, for lack of a better word.

"...U-Umi....chan?" Honoka sweat-drops before the door opens.

"Eli-chan?" Everyone in the room turns at Kotori's voice to look at the doors. You see the blonde president stride in, concern lining her eyes.

"Is everything all right? I was coming to see if Umi recovered and I was right outside when I heard a scream..."

You sigh, again. "She...obviously hasn't recovered yet."

Eli's blue sapphire eyes find the figure still hiding behind a chair. Umi, for her part, peeks from behind the chair and meets the blue eyes looking at her, only for her to slightly jump, startled, and go back to hiding behind the chair.

The part-Russian then frowns, "What should we do then? We can't have her write the lyrics in that state. It doesn't even seem like we can talk to her like this."

You brush at some of the hair that now hung in front of your face before speaking, "Bring her home. I don't even know why you brought her to school in this state, honestly. I'm not sure what caused her to be like this, and I don't believe keeping her here will be good for her. How did she even leave her house in this state?"