Umi x reader

A/N: Here's your request kirito_sinon145 ! Hope you like it!!

You're not exactly sure what got you into this situation, but you're definitely not complaining...much.

"Um, I don't think anyone's gonna come by. It's pretty late so I'm sure everyone's gone home..."

You turn away from looking out the window to the other side of the idol club room where your blue haired friend is staring at the door, as though looking for its weakness.

"I suppose you're right, (Y/n), but maybe a guard will come by eventually?"

"I thought they only were around on the weekends because of the school's nearly non-existent budget."

"Oh..." she turns to you, a puzzled expression on her face before she continues, "Well is your phone working at least? Mine is dead and I don't have a charger, unless you happen to have one."

You shake your head, "I left my cell at home today in my rush and I don't generally carry my charger to school, sorry Umi."

Umi sighs before taking a seat in one of the clubroom chairs.

"How did that door even get locked? I didn't even know you could lock that door."

Your question brings causes your fellow trapped companion lay her head against the table.

"I don't know. It could have gotten stuck," her face then frowns deeply, "or maybe one of them locked us in earlier without us noticing."

Your (e/c) eyes only stare at her, wondering why she frowned particularly hard after saying that.

"That's...well that's possible I guess. I'm uh, I'm sorry you have to be trapped with me?"

Confusion colors her face before she sits up to clarify, realizing her face must've looked displeased, causing you to misunderstand, "Ah, no, no I don't mind being trapped in you!"

"...In me?"

Her face explodes in red and you're momentarily afraid she's about to pass out before her hands are frantically waving. You notice some steam coming from her ears while her brown eyes are wide with a frantic look in them.

"That's--that's--I mean, that was just a mistake! I didn't mean to say something as indecent as th-that!"

'Cute.' You smirk with that thought, ideas running through your head of ways to continue teasing the poor archer.

"How unexpectedly forward of you, Umi. To think you'd be thinking of something so scandalous involving me...I'm flattered~"

"Th-th-t-that's--you've got it wr-wrong!" She defiantly shouts as you move closer to her, her hands curled into fists on the table.

You smile in an easygoing manner, as you push down your worries of her slapping you, taking a seat on the table and looking down at the blushing girl.

"Well, even if you were thinking of something so scandalous, I don't have the part you're looking for. Unless, well...you have a substitute~"

You wink at her as her face grows impossibly darker, surpassing even the bright red of Maki's hair.

"Wh-wh--S-SHAMELESS!" She abruptly stands and leans forward to forcefully place a hand over your mouth in an attempt to get you to stop talking.

However, in your anticipation of a possible slap to the face, your head jerks left, closer to Umi's side as her own left hand harmlessly passes by you.

Your momentary feeling of accomplishment vanishes once you realize your movement throws the lyricist off balance as she starts to fall into you.

You bring your right arm up in an attempt to steady her, the force knocking you back as you use your left hand to push against the table so you don't fall further.

'This is a rather compromising position, with it looking like we're hugging rather intimately and her face kinda in my chest...plus she's a little disheveled from how flustered she was...' you think to yourself, 'if this were some movie or fanfiction or something, someone would walk into the room and see us like this...'

"A-are you alright, Umi?" You figure you should at least make sure she's okay first, then maybe apologize for your teasing.

She looks up at you and you feel your face slowly start to radiate heat. Is it just you or is it suddenly really warm? Maybe it's her body heat since she's somewhat pressed against you?

'No, no. Don't follow that train of thought!' You frantically think.

"I-I, um..." Her brown eyes dart between yours, as you feel your breathing grow shallow.

The sound of the door being unlocked reaches your ear and you and Umi turn your heads to the door just in time to see Eli, Nozomi, Honoka, and Kotori staring back at you.

"Ara, did we interrupt something?" Nozomi smirks mischievously, an eyebrow raised.

"Umi-chan...why didn't you tell us you and (Y/n)-chan were together?!" Honoka angrily proclaims, pointing at the two of you.

You're suddenly forcefully pushed back enough that your left hand slips, causing you to lay on the table.

"W-w-we weren't doing anything! We're not together! It's a misunderstanding! (Y/n), tell them!"

"Ouch." You reply, staring at the ceiling, "Y'know, you didn't have to push so hard, Umi."

"A-ah, sorry..."

You move to get up and off of the table, "Anyway, thanks for getting the door, we thought we were gonna be trapped here until tomorrow since the door locked itself or something."

"Oh, well we came back because Honoka-chan said she forgot something and well Eli-chan had the key..." Kotori replies, a slightly nervous smile on her face.

"So that's why you weren't with us, Umi-chan!"

"Well, I guess it's kind of a good thing you forgot something then, Honoka." Eli remarks, "But why didn't you two call us?"

"My phone had died and (Y/n) apparently left hers at home today."

"Huh? But I saw (N/n) using her phone during practice?" Nozomi slowly says, realization dawning on her face as she grins mischievously.

5 pairs of eyes turn to stare at you as you indifferently stare back.

"My my, (N/n)~"

"Y-you had your phone this whole time?!"
Umi shouts, moving closer to you.

"Maybe." You slightly smirk, looking away from the archer in front of you and quickly thinking of an escape route.

"Why did you tell me you left it at home?! We could've gone home! Yo---?!"

As she moves closer to point a finger in your face, you move as well, to greet her lips in a forceful but quick kiss, knocking her back a step and shocking the other members in the room.

"Mm?!"

The second you pull away, you take this opportunity to run out of the room, ignoring 3 people shouting out to you from behind and smirking at Honoka's voice proclaiming that Umi had passed out.

Maybe tomorrow you'll find an easier way to actually confess. It shouldn't be too hard since you've already kissed her.

'Ah, but she's dense so I'd better find a way to make sure she understands tomorrow~ After all, I don't want her to think today was just a dream or something!'

With that thought you continue running, slightly excited for tomorrow.

A/N: I can't believe it turned out like this all because my phone autocorrected 'with you' to 'in you' for some reason and I died laughing when I did some early proofreading. So I kept it lololololol :333