Kotori x mermaid!reader

A/N: This was requested by: ChibsterNeko!

Bam, another one! I hope with this double update you guys will forgive me for not posting in a while, though admittedly it wasn't entirely my fault and I was on vacation...

Being overwhelmed with the amount of stories I need to write is both a wonderful problem to have and a tiring problem to have lol~ I'm grateful for all the requests tho!! Plus you're all so kind and patient with me T^T I'll work hard to not disappoint you guys~ For this story, (t/c) is for tail color! Also, sorry to say that for this one, unless there's an overwhelming amount of people requesting a part 2, this will not get one, unlike any of the other ones, sorry!

You watched from a safe distance as nine girls play around on the beach you frequently stop by at. Well, most of them were playing around, though the one with red hair seemed to be content with just sitting on, um, something.

You didn't know what it was called but you've seen humans often use it and assumed it was to rest their legs in the same way you liked to rest your tail. You vaguely recall it being called a 'chair', you think.

You continued to watch, noticing your gaze continuously falling on the female with ashen gray hair.

Growing curious about their game but still ever cautious, you swim a little closer, hoping your hearing can pick up their conversations, and to see more of the pretty girl your gaze doesn't stray far from.

xXx

Kotori watches, somewhat amused, as Hanayo takes her turn to try and hit the watermelon with a stick while blindfolded.

"C'mon, Hanayo-chan! It's to your left! Left!" Honoka enthusiastically shouts, a smile on her face.

"E-eh?! L-like this?"

"No, further, Kayochin! Further left nya!"

"Eeeehhhhh?!"

Looking away for a moment towards the ocean, Kotori spots what looks like a female some distance away from them by the shoreline before they hide behind the rocks in front of her.

Wondering if she needed help, Kotori slips away quietly and unnoticed, leaving her loud friends to their fun and quickly walking towards the large rocks.

xXx

You stay pressed against the rocks, wondering if she noticed you. A part of you doesn't mind since you really want to talk to her but another part of you is afraid of how she'll react if she knew you weren't human. Plus seeing her this close made you realize how cute you think she is and now you're utterly nervous.

You start to fidget as your thoughts continue to clutter your mind, your hand moving to play with your horn-shaped hair pin.

As you're contemplating on whether to swim away or not, a soft, high pitched voice reaches your ears.

"Um, hello...A-are you alright?"

Startled you turn and see the girl with ash colored hair standing on the shoreline on the other end of the large rocks.

From this distance you could see her bright amber colored eyes gaze at you worriedly as you stare at her in awe and admiration.