Nozomi x innocent!reader ~part 2~

A/N: So the song in this one is technically sung by Nozomi, as in it's credited as sung by Nozomi Toujou, rather than her voice actor, and it's called "I'll smile for yours". With it's scattered spiritual words here and there coupled with its pretty innocent lyrics I thought it fit well, and I also thought the song itself could possibly be danced to, in a not-exactly-slow-dancy way since they needed to perform this in front of people for this story so they'd need to engage the audience a bit. Look at me overthinking things LOLOLOL. Whelp, as usual the English lyrics taken from the LL wiki are in italics~

Anyways, remember that poll I asked you guys to fill out? Well the results have been calculated~~~~! (Also, thanks to all those who voted!!)  *ahem* Drum roll, please? *screeches into the distance* Thank you. The story with the most votes......WILL be revealed when I post it next week, probably along with whatever came in second~ LOL, gotcha there didn't I? xD

...I feel like Nozomi is OOC in this, so I apologize if it seems like she is OOC. Anyways, enjoy!

"The day of the school festival came faster than I expected...I'm still not sure if I should even stand up on that stage with you guys..."

I fidget in my (color) dress, trying to smoothen the crinkles with help from Kotori.

"Of course you should stand with us, (Y/n)-chan! You've worked hard these past few weeks to learn the steps, so I'm sure your hard work will pay off."

"She's right. Plus you're stunning in that dress, (Y/n)." Eli adds.

"Yeah, kinda like an angel nya!"

I feel a light blush make its way across my cheeks, "Th-thanks, you guys."

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves I look around the dressing room, silently watching as everyone makes their own final preparations before it's our turn to stand up on that stage.

I never thought I would be sharing a stage with μ's but here I am. And not only that, but I get to dance with Nozomi.

Nozomi...

During our rehearsals these past few weeks, I've noticed that she'd go from her usual upbeat and joking personality to oddly quiet and reserved and then revert back whenever we had to actually start dancing.

I was worried, sure, but I figured that maybe she probably didn't want me to bring it up. Even if I did bring it up I was sure she'd find a way to waltz around the subject anyways. I don't think she noticed that I've noticed her blushing around me, though.

At first I wasn't sure what it meant, but as it became more frequent I slowly pieced the clues together, and well, I have a suspicion that she has a crush on me. I don't want to be too hopeful though. She is part of μ's after all, and I'm not anyone special.

"(N/n)~"

Well well, speak of the devil. "Se--Nozomi. Are you ready for tonight's performance?"

She smiles in a carefree manner, closing her eyes and lightly chuckling, "As long as you're up there holding me, I'll be okay~"

She winks for some reason while I can only slightly tilt my head in confusion.

"But don't I already have to hold you? We are dancing, after all...?"

"Aha...right..." she seems to mumble to herself a little, something too quiet for my ears to pick up.

"5 minutes for the next group!"

The tension I feel rises and it's in this moment I firmly believe I am way out of my league.

"(Y/n)." I feel a soft warm grab mine and my instinctual urge is to look down at it before looking to see who the hand belonged to, "You'll be fine. Just look at me if you're nervous, okay? Don't mind the audience, or anything else."