vampire!Maki x human!reader

A/N: This was a request from KawaiiCatAlois ! I'll have your other vampire story up in bit!!

Uh, so I don't know about you guys but whenever vampires are involved I always love how dark the stories can get, so just be aware that any stories I write involving vampires will probably be at least kinda dark, since I'll try to tone it back a little, maybe. Also this may have some AU elements, idk. lol enjoy!

Oh! And for this story you have a younger sister named (S/n), and you both know Kendo (like Honoka in the manga), okay? Sorry that I had to make that choice for you~

I walked through the large wooden doors leading to the only room that contained the grand piano and sighed in contentment.

It was late afternoon and I finally had time to sit in front of the piano and just play whatever came to mind. I can already hear a melody forming in my head, inspired by a...certain person I know.

"Ah, Maki."

Startled, I turn at the sound of my name and see my mother walking towards me, confused by her sudden appearance and by her outfit.

I stare at her elegant purple one-piece dress that loosely hugged her figure, paired with a velvet red clutch she held in her left hand. Is she going somewhere?

"Mama? Are you heading to a party?"

She smiles tiredly, "Your father and I have to attend a ceremony for some new members."

"New members? You mean..."

"Yes, there were a few humans who discovered us and...asked to be turned."

I slightly frown at her words, knowing full well that the only other real option for those humans was death.

"Now, don't stay up too late, okay Maki? You still have classes tomorrow and practice afterwards as well."

"Yes, I know. Have fun, mama."

She leaves with a wave, her dress flowing away with her, leaving me to my own devices.

I sigh and turn to face the piano once again. Somehow, I don't feel like playing anymore.

xXx

You stretched your arms as the early morning sun shone above you. You were currently in your school's uncomfortable uniform making your way to class as a yawn escaped your mouth.

"Ah--Oi! (Y/n)-chan!!"

You look to your right at the sound of someone calling out to you and see the blue eyed ginger, Honoka, barrel her way towards you.

"Honoka! 'Morning~"

"Good morning! I'm glad I ran into you, (Y/n)! Can you stop by the roof after classes today?"

You smile ruefully, "Sorry, I promised my younger sister I'd help her club members out today. Ah, but if they finish early I'll try to stop by."

"Please do! We need an extra hand with things today! Oh, actually, where is your sister? And Maki for that matter, doesn't she usually walk with you?"

"(S/n) had to leave early since she has classroom duties for her class apparently. Maki, on the other hand, messaged me saying that she had already went ahead of me. What about Yukiho?"

"Eeeehhh~ Did you and Maki have a lover's quarrel~?"

"Wha--?!" Heat radiates from your face at her question.