Chapter 17: Shocking news

Lisa' s pov:

I stared at Ren. He looked so fragile. His breathing was shallow. It made my heart churn.
I took my hand in his and talked. I talked for hours. I begged for him to wake up. I begged for forgiveness. I begged for his love.
Ren never moved or stirred. Nothing. He stayed still and unconscious, only his chest rising and falling with his breathing.
I didn't sleep. For hours I waited for Ren to wake up. Ota came with some food but I didn't eat.
I stayed by his side, holding him to me, caressing him, and hoping he would wake up soon.
I talked until my throat was completely dry and hurting. I thought that maybe he would hear my voice and wake up.
Even when everything looked so hopeless, I still hoped.
"I'm sorry Ren... you are my everything... my happiness, my pain, my world... I just need you to wake up... I promise I won't leave your side. Give me a chance Ren... please don't leave me... I... we need you."
I took his hand and placed it on my round belly. As soon as his palm made contact with my stomach, the baby kicked hard.
"Did you feel it? Isn't that amazing? Ren, please talk to us... please Ren.."
I broke down. I can't handle this pain. I can't, damn it!

Ota' s pov:

Eisuke was watching Daniel and seeing her broken like this, he broke down.
I've known him for years, since we were babies, and I had never seen  any tears in his eyes. He was ruthless and heartless. Eisuke Ichinomiya didn't cry. No. Never. All his focus was on Danielle.
Ren had to be okay. Not only for his sake but for Dani' s sanity.
I patted his shoulder and said: "She's going to be fine."
"I'm going to calm her down. I can't see her like this. I want to see her smiling. I c-can't." He said wiping away his tears.

Eisuke' s pov:

I hugged her. I heard her crying softly in my shoulders. I kept holding her in my embrace, never once letting go.
It's driving me crazy.
Her tears made my heart ache.
"He' ll be fine, trust me, Dani." I murmured in her ear.
"He's everything that I need and want. I will die without Ren, I' ll die, I swear, I-I..."
She broke down, sobbing, clinging to my shirt. F*ck. Danielle please don't cry. I wanted to scream.
"Mr Ichinomiya, can I talk to you, please?" Asked the doctor from behind. He didn't have any sign of emotion on his face.
"I'll be back." I said to Dani, kissing the top of her head.
I followed him in his office.
"Please have a seat."
"Stop, wasting my time, doc, by telling me to sit down. How is he??"
"We discovered that Mr Shibasaki has some heart problems. We need to perform a heart transplant as soon as possible or I'm afraid he won't make it"

---------------

I'm sorry, this chapter is awful and depressing :,(
Trying to update as soon as possible