Chapter 16: Never Expected To Be Interested

A/N: Hey lovely penguins, potatoes, I'll stop now lol. I have written this chapter in someone else's POV, so guess who's it is.

~~~~~~

I organize the papers into different piles and get working on the smallest pile till I get to the big ones. People say I'm a workaholic, but I doubt they'll say it to my face, because I'll beat the crap out of them. No, not beat them, kill them. No one disrespects me, I don't buddy buddy with them and go soft because they'll slack off. Only Luca and Nick are the ones that know me best, so they are the only ones to speak to me.

One of our butlers, Roberto, knocks and enters the room with papers in his hand. "Hello sir, Laurena is here to see you. And your father told me to give you these."

He hands me the stack of papers and I sigh while rubbing my temples. I don't get to complain since I'm the one who asked for all of this. "Alright send her in." I tell him and he nods, quickly walking away.

"Heyy, babe, are you busy, maybe we can have round two, if you're up for it." Laurena says. She's a... how would you put it. Let's see, a friend with benefits, yes I think that's it.

"Actually I am, so get out." I say and get back to work.

When I don't hear her heals clicking against the floor, I glance up at her and I find her lying on the couch with her legs crossed on the side of it. She pouts and slowly removes a strap of her black dress, tempting me. I would take her right now, but the thought of never finishing these papers frustrate me.

"Shoo, Laurena." I wave my hands as if she were a pest. She pulls her strap back on and stomps out of my office. I could care less.

"I apologize sir, but your father wishes to see you." Roberto says and leaves. I adjust the buttons on my suit and walk towards my father's office.

"Padre, voluto vedermi? (Father you wanted to see me?)" I ask and take a seat in front of him.

"Sì il che ho fatto. Ho accennato circa la serata di gala, è stasera. Voglio che tu a portare Laurena. Non ti ubriachi o stupido. Non sei lì per divertirsi, siete lì per farci guardare meglio di chiunque altro. Capito? ( Yes I did. I mentioned about the gala, it's tonight. I want you to bring Laurena. Don't get drunk or stupid. You're not there to have fun, you are there to make us look better than anyone else. Got it?)" He says in all seriousness.

My father was never the type to play around. He never allowed me to go to parks or school, instead he found me a tutor and always kept me at home. He teached me things that weren't suppose to be taught to an eight year old. I never got to go to the movies, like other teenagers did, nope not me.

I was at home training to be a fucking killer. My father would beat me if I let my emotions get in the way. That's how I grew up, he also told me women would just get in the way, that I would have to wait to get married. Our family came first, which meant the Mafia, then my own family came second.

Why didn't my mother object to any of this? Well she died after I was born. My father had told me she was weak and said women were useless, So I just used them, not really caring about the hurt or pain, I see it in their eyes when I tell them it was a one night stand. I know my father cared about my mother, he just didn't show it. He didn't show a lot of emotions. He never does.

"Sì lo so padre. È tutto?(yes I know. Is that all?)" I ask.

The telephone on his desk rings, so we get distracted. He reaches for it with one hand and shooshes me with the other, wanting me to leave. I close the doors and yell for Roberto.