Chapter 18: You Don't Just Trust Anyone

It's Saturday and I cannot spend my Saturday at home, in my room, eating cookies and ice cream. I have to go out, I feel like I'm going to suffocate in here. I just came back from things I had to take care of which took four hours and it's currently six. I can get ready which will take an hour and thirty minutes. Perfect, I can go to the club where nobody in the family owns it, because I don't want any problems right now.

It's hard to find places that aren't owned by the mafia. Everything in New York is basically owned by the mafia, and if I wasn't in the mafia that would have scared me. Hotels, casinos, little shops, etc, are all owned by the mafia, well not all but still. Isn't it scary that you'll never know some of the deepest darkest secrets or the real things that happen in your hometown? You would think that the police and some of the people you trust is by your side, but that's not true. Francisco- correction-, we have connections everywhere, and I mean everywhere. People can't fight against us so they give themselves up and join us as... soldiers I guess, they're sacrifices.

It's horrible, but life isn't fair, right?

I slip into my heels and spray perfume all over me. I walk down the stairs quietly, though the heels aren't helping, so I speed walk towards the door.

"Who are you?" I turn around at the sound of the voice and I find a girl with tanned skin, brown-blonde hair, and she wears a transparent, silky robe, with lingerie underneath. I capture details even when I don't want to, that's just what I do, and right now I really want to get out of here before I throw her to the ground and start punching her.

"Why do you care." I roll my eyes.

"I don't but if you're just a whore trying to get in chris' and I's relationship, you'll regret it." She points a finger at me, whilst saying all of this. Oh she's going to regret this. "By the way I have a buff older brother. If you don't stay away, I'll make sure you were never remembered." She wears a smug look and walks away. I don't bother going after her right now, Ethan's probably outside waiting for me. I haven't even seen her.

"Took you long enough." Ethan says as I walk down the steps, into the car.

"Oh, sorry about that, apparently I was threatened by one of chris' girlfriends." I blow out a breath and look out the window, as I start seeing changes in the weather. Fall is my favorite season. I love the wind, of course, and the leaves on trees change into different colors then slowly fall on the ground. The season just calms me down.

"Damn, I thought after school that all of that would have ended?" He frowns but finds it funny afterwards. In school this used to happen when girls didn't know that Chris and I were cousins, they threatened me, but I would just roll my eyes and eventually they found out, and apologized.

"Exactly." I mumble. I'm just waiting for him to ask me about the mansion.

"So..um.. did you marry a rich guy or what? Or did you finally make something for yourself?" He teases. And there's the question I've been waiting for.

"Actually, chris is living there with a family friend and I'm-"

"Bullshit Ros-"

"Lana" I correct.

"Lana. I know who lives there. Francisco Fellaci. The billionaire, he owns many clubs and hotels. Are you into older guys now?" He looks at me disgusted, and I almost spit out the wine, that I have in my hand. He doesn't like to drive anymore so he has his own driver, with all mini bar in his limo.