Chapter 30: Fortune Cookie

After the whole make-up thing with Chris, I dismissed myself from the movie, and the conversations we were having down stairs, to go see what Giovanni needed.

Driving to his penthouse again, I step inside the building and smile at the man behind the desk. He leads me to Giovanni's specific door, which I already knew where it was, and he leaves once the elevator stops.

I knock at Giovanni's door and I hear him shout to come inside.

I look around to see where he is and I hear him shout once again. "I'm in my office!"

I roll my eyes and walk to his office. "What's the reason that made me drive an hour from my relaxing warm home, to come here?"

He smirks and sits up straight. "I just wanted to see you."

I feel my ears getting warm, indicating that my cheeks are going to get warm also. I quickly turn around to get a drink, when really I don't want him to see me blush. "No really?" I deadpan. "What's the reason? You wouldn't waste time on saying gushy things like that." I raise an eyebrow at him and he chuckles.

"How about we go out and eat somewhere. . . maybe in Italy? What do you say?" He says amusingly.

Before I can stop myself, I snort and quickly cover my mouth and cough like if nothing happened, but it didn't go unnoticed by him. He chuckles.

"Why would we go to Italy, just to eat something?" I say stunned.

"Why wouldn't we? Kim Kardashion had an apetite at 11 pm, I think it was, when she was pregnant and flew to France just to eat a chocolate cake." He defends, though I can't take him seriously.

If he was another person, I swear I would have yelled and knocked them out already, because he made me come over when it wasn't necessary. But of course being the dumb ass that I am I'm not all that mad, instead I feel like I'm on cloud nine. He wanted my company, and that thought made me blush more.

I give him my look-the 'are you kidding me look'- with my squinted eyes and my grim lips. He grins at my expression and nods once.

He then asks "Alright then, should I just order in?"

"Um I guess, but I'm not really hungry."

The truth was that I actually was hungry. I just didn't want to stay long, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't because Chris was starting to be suspicious of what I did on my spare time. Too bad he didn't know that on some nights, I would meet up with Giovanni in secret places or do things to help with Giovanni and I's situation.

Giovanni stares at me with awe, when I basically gobble down the lo mein noodles. I feel my neck start to get warm. Damn you Giovanni. "I thought you said you weren't hungry?!" He asks amused.

I quickly slurp the noodle I had hanging out my mouth and wipe my mouth, cursing internally. "I-Uh, I thought that I wasn't," I giggle nervously. "But I guess I was." I shrug with a sheepish smile.

Hey!! If any of you think that there is a perfect women out there then consider yourself insecure and there's nothing wrong with it but be positive and if you think that you are perfect, you know you really aren't. People have many flaws. I have many flaws. Take my job as an example. I basically buy or sell illegal things by getting a little. . . Slutty. Not by having sex or anything like that, and also not by making out with them, but by just looking a little Slutty and having a seductive voice.

Though I bet you some people would think that because I can use a gun and I'm not afraid to walk down a dark shady street, I have no flaws, because I'm not scared. But the truth is I'm actually not scared of dying, I'm just scared of something happening to Chris. I know he's bitchy sometimes and he's cranky and very. .closed off, but I still remember the memories of when we were small. Oh god we were so close, and I loved how he always told me everything. We were basically best friends when we were already kind of like brothers and sisters. He told me things like who his crush was in middle school and advice on girls and what to buy my mom for her birthday. He also helped me.

I was small in kindergarten and I was getting bullied and Chris noticed and so did his two friends, Daniel and Nathan, so they fought it out. Chris ended up winning. Just the thought of losing your only family member scares me, I love him. Of course I do he's a brother to me.

"Hey Lana? Lana?" I hear Giovanni call out my name and see his fingers snap in front of me.

I blink rapidly. "I'm sorry what were you saying?"

He shakes his head smiling. "Nothing." He waves it off. "So I was thinking about the plan you had from a week ago. The one where we could let word out on the streets about having a business meeting out at this place where it's lonely and the police would come and try to catch us but we'll trap her first. What do you think?" He raises an eyebrow.

I slightly frown because I thought he liked the plan since he mentioned it. But I can see the way his eyes are looking at me. I think it's guilt. Guilty for what though, did he not like the plan?

Yeah, some might say "You're being dramatic or being exaggerated, because eyes don't tell emotions" but the eyes do tell you every emotion. At first I couldn't really read Giovanni, he was difficult. He was a jerk, self-centered and had the meanest look ever. But he was actually even hotter when he smiled and every time he was with me, he always smiled. . . Or sometimes we use to start fights, but that was before.

"Do you even think it's a good idea?" I frown.

"I mentioned it, right?" He sarcastically says and I scowl. "Let's just try the plan Lana. It will work I'm sure." He mutters.

I stop eating and frown as I watch him eat. But it wasn't with awe, I was looking at him with anger. "So we're back to our bitchy mood I see."

He looks up from eating and sighs heavily. "Nobody here is being bitchy," he pauses ". .but you." He finishes and I stare at him with confusion and anger.

What the fuck is his problem?

I don't want to do anything irrational. I just take a fortune cookie and stand up. I need to go home before Chris gets angry.

I hear Giovanni sigh once again. "Lana I didn't mean it, I think."

My heads snaps to him and I'm just furious. "That's not an apology!" I shake my head vigorously and grab my purse from the white luscious sofa. "See you when we're ready to do the job so we can get this over with." I mumble

I open the door and close it, walking slowly towards the elevator, wanting him to come after me. Though he doesn't come, he doesn't even open the door to apologize. I thought I knew him now, I thought--thinking doesn't do anything. It just worries and creates fantasies.

I open the Fortune cookie and roll my eyes at the message.

-Be strong for the hard moments to come and choose the right path.

Fuck my life.