Prologue

A/N;
Enjoy!

Warnings;
None

Prologue

"No! No you can't take her, you can't take my baby," Your mother screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her bloodshot eyes never left your small figure as the women in the pant suit ripped you from her arms. Your cries for your mother, your arms outstretched in confusion, left you seeking comfort from the one whose raised you for these three years of life, "I'll be good, I promise! Just please don't take her, please!"
"You need help Julie, this isn't a place for her and by now, you should know that," The women with chocolate brown eyes stated, she held you gently, yet sternly enough so you wouldn't wiggle out of her arms, your tears seemed to fall quicker with each step that women took away from your mother. The police held her back as she tried to stand up and grab for you. The Child Service worker stopped to turn and look over her shoulder, "I'm sorry."
Your mother had stopped sobbing for just a second, long enough for both you to stare into each other's eyes, her eyes you saw, you inherited, were full of sorrow and guilt, and the eyes you'll always remember. The women began to walk away again, escorted by police, and you heard your mothers sobs, that sound you'll always remember, and never forget.
It wasn't soon you were living among the lost and left behind kids at one of Gotham Cities Orphanages, where you'll either be taken care of better, or, be taken advantage of.