Chapter Twenty | Artemis

A/N;
This is were you're intertwined with the Young Justice storylines at the extreme, and it comes right from the show. But please remember (most of) all that is happening with this interaction is written by Greg Weisman & Brandon Vetti.

Reminder; Bold dialect is what comes straight from the show, and is NOT what I've created.

Episode: "Infiltrator."

So, I really, really enjoy this chapter! :D
You're still in your school uniform for Gotham Academy. And just to clear things up, Wally lives in Keystone, Minnesota, Dicks in Gotham, in the New Jersey, New York area. So different school times, and Dick was able to have a beach day with the team, Wally wasn't. *clears throat* "A moment of silence for an, absent comrade."

OH, so most of all the dialect from the show, I kind of knew by heart haha, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also.... S.P.I.T.F.I.R.E !!!! :DD

Warnings;
None.

Chapter Twenty
Artemis

You and Robin had arrived within Mount Justice. You had turned to him, so you'd both begin to approach the team, who had huddled close by to one another, together. Your eyes shifted to one face to another, and then finally you met some one else. Some one new. You mentally gasped and were taken aback. She was the girl who you saw when Cadmus was destroyed. Her flashy green attire, symbolic to Green Arrow, her long blonde hair danced as she turned her head your way, and her dark grey eyes that were hinted with brown, pierced into your orbs.
You looked at Robin who had stopped in his tracks at a good distance away. He had his arms crossed smiling at you, and then shifted toward the new girl, "Hi," you spoke as you held out your hand for her to take, she smiles and took it, at the second you felt weird. Like, you some how knew her in a way, "I'm (Y/F/N)."
"Artemis." She nodded her head and both you let your hands go.
"She's going to be joining the team." Kalder stated. His arms crossed with a kind smile.
"Then we both have something in common." You let a little chuckle burst. And another smile crossed Artemis's face.
"You're joining too," M'gann gasped with excitement, and floated a few feet in the air with a few happy claps, "This is great!"
"Recognized, Kid Flash, B03." Droned the computer, ceasing opportunity of a conversation to spark.
"The wall-man is here," Kid Flash spoke as he appeared, he was dressed ready for the beach with a cooler, umbrella, a radio, a bag and a beach ball in his arms. He began forward, "Now let's get this party star-" He was cut off as he tripped himself with his sandal, and fell to his face dropping all of the items he had. You had let a small giggle out, which you couldn't help. The beach ball bounced all the way past you, past Batman, and past Tornado. Finally, Kid Flash took a breath in before he finished, "-ted."
"Wall-man huh? I love the uniform. What exactly are your powers?" Artemis smirked, and you allowed a grin to cross your face as you looked toward Kf as well. You had a feeling you and Artemis will be good friends. If she can get past your past.
"Uh- Who is this?" Wally gestured to her looking toward Kalder.
"Artemis, your new teammate." She replied.
"Kid Flash. Never heard of you." He smiled toward her. Then Green Arrow came up and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Um, she's my new protégés." GA spoke, and then you saw Kid Flash's expression drop quickly.
"What happened to your old one?" Kid asked in a whine, and then out of the blue the computer spoke, "Recognized, Speedy, B06."
"Well for starters he doesn't go by Speedy anymore," In walked in- you silently gasped- Roy Harper. It was the clone of the original, another secret weapon for the light. Some one your father controls, "Call me Red Arrow."
GA began to walk forward, "Roy. You look-"
"Replaceable." RA spat, and you furrowed your brows realizing the irony.
     "It's not like that, you told me you were going solo." GA explains himself.
     "Then why waste time finding a sub? Can she even use that bow?"
     Artemis stepped forward to look up to him with an irritated look, "Yes, she can."
    "Who are you?!" Kf outstretched his arms.
   "I'm his niece."
    "She's my niece." Artemis and Green Arrow spoke at the same time.
    "Another niece?" Robin had chucked into his words.
    "But she is not your replacement," Kalder paused to step forward to Roy, "We have always wanted you on the team, and we have no quota on archers."
    "And if we did, you know who we'd pick." Kid added. Finally Artemis began to step forward as well.
     "Whatever baywatch, I'm here to stay." She said as she stopped and put her hand at her hip. You let a smirk out with her comment.
     "You came to us for a reason." Kalder began as Roy walked past him.
    "Yeah, a reason named Dr. Serling Roquette." RA replied to Aqualad's statement, you looked over toward Robin once he began to chime in, "Nanorobotics genius and claytronics expert at Royal University in Star city," He had pulled up his holographic computer on his wrist, "Vanished two weeks ago-"
     "Abducted two weeks ago, by the League of Shadows."
     "What," You had asked with a gasp uncrossing your arms. Your eyes were widened and the red archer looked your way, "You're sure?"
     "Yes, they had a fun time shooting at me as I saved the doctor from infinite island," He narrowed his eyes, "Who are you?"
    "(Y/F/N), I was-" You cut yourself off and sighed, "I was a Shadow before."
    He made his way to you and looked down so he could pear into your eyes, "And you're joining the good guys? Yeah, that's believable."
    "Hey! I had no say in how I grew so why not take your snarky attitude and shove it up-"
  "W-W-hat she actually means," You were cut off by Robin who placed his hand at your shoulder to calm you down, "The League of Shadows never allowed her, her own path and she was used as a weapon, so please try and understand she didn't do what she had to for them with her own free will."
    You crossed your arms with heated cheeks, and your eyes shifted to the side, then you heard Roy speak again, "Whatever."
    "Where is the doctor?" Kalder asked Roy to ease the tension.
     "She's at the Local High School, the Shadows are still after her, and they'll stop at nothing until she's dead." Roy emphasized the word nothing. You looked down with sorrow, and rubbed your hands near your shoulders in discomfort. You knew all to well that Roy was correct.
      Robin rubbed your back to sooth you, given you were pretty sure he saw your expression, "Why are they still after her?" Kid asked the question the others had to be asking themselves too. Roy had moved toward the computer, and pressed something to link his data with it, files appeared and you looked at the information.
    "The Shadows had already coerced her into creating a weapon. Doc calls it the fog, comprised of millions of microscopic robots, nanotech infiltrators capable of disintegrating anything in their path: concrete, steel, flesh, bone," He paused and you furrowed your brows, you knew if the Shadows had this, the Justice League would definitely have a hard time taking them out, and you could only imagine the use of it for the Light, "But its true purpose isn't mere destruction. It's theft. The infiltrators eat and store raw data from the computer system, and deliver the stolen intel to the Shadows," He paused once more before continuing, "Providing them access to weapons, strategic defense, cutting-edge science and tech-"
"Perfect for extortion, manipulation, power broking- Yeah, sounds like the Shadows." Artemis interrupted. You kind of let a grin become exposed.
"Like you know anything about the Shadows," It was quiet for a moment, "Who are you!?" Kid Flash yelled. All Artemis did was smirk in triumph.
"Roquette's working on a virus to render the fog inert." Roy continued unamused and unfazed.
"But if the Shadows know she can do that..." Robin trailed. You looked at the data on the computer again.
"They'll send Shadows to kill her, so they can't allow her to destroy their precious, stolen tech." You spoke, uncrossing your arms.
"Exactly," Roy nodded, his irritation lessening, "That's why she's at Happy Harbors high school."
"You left her alone?" GA questioned loudly.
"She's safe for now." He looked toward his old mentor.
"Then lets you and I keep her that way." Green Arrow suggested, obviously trying to get back to good terms. Which didn't work so well.
"You and I? Don't you want to take your new protégé?" Roy spat with poison. Green Arrow was about to step forward and speak his case once more, but Batman stopped him by putting his hand on his shoulder.
"You brought this to the team. It's their mission, which means it's hers now too." GA stated, giving up.
Roy scoffed and began to walk away to the Zeta, "Then my jobs done."
"Recognized, Speedy-"
"That's Red Arrow, B06. Update."
Then that was it, he was swallowed within the light of the Zeta and gone. You looked toward each face to the next and then said in secret meaning, but also for a laugh, "Looks like some one needs a good course adjustment."