Chapter Seven | Who You've Become

A/N;
Long chapter!

Warnings;
None.

Chapter Seven
Who You've become

Dick

       The team isn't what he expected. There's some good parts, and some bad parts about it. One, Wally, Kaulder, Superboy and Miss Martian. They're all great teammates and easy to interact with. Two, not even a half a week, and nothing has been happening. No missions, no progress. Just lies.
     Dick was at Mount Justice, the teams base. Another upside. He was walking around, getting a great feel of the place. Of course he has the blue prints to memorize the Mountain as best as he could. Thoughts of you filled his brain, he couldn't lie that there was something he felt whenever an image of you flashed a cross his mind.
      He had his hands in his pockets, still wondering how some one he saw like you, has loss in their eyes, and innocence robbed. He hadn't a clue why you've been caused to live the life your living, the painful existence that you have. He asks, why, every, single, time. And he keeps hoping for the next time you'll cross paths.

The Day of the Assassination

       You had planned it out, getting enough intel to assassinate Bruce Wayne. Yet, you wonder why the Great One wants him dead. Of course, you've always questioned all the assassinations you've committed, but this one, this one made your gut turn a different way than normal. Giving a menacing vibe.
      Bruce Wayne had an appointment today at six in the evening. The sky's will darken, just like your soul as you commit yet another murder. You had disguised yourself as a student from a nearby school. Perfect name tag, and a great tag along gag with the others who are touring the building. Opportunity was on your side.
      It didn't take you long to arrive, blending into the crowd of around thirty Gotham Academy students. You pulled your navy blue skirt down, not feeling at all yourself. Of course you have went under cover before, though not in this type of attire.
       "Follow in an orderly fashion and don't walk off, Wayne Enterprises operates in a twenty-four hour working schedule and it is easy to get lost," A lady, which was obviously the guide instructed. Her light brown eyes were filled with exhaustion. "This way please."
      She lead the way, and you listened carefully, yet observing quietly. Not once did you let yourself get noticed by asking questions like the others. You held onto your backpack, filled with your attire and weapons. Of course there was a metal director at the front, but your bag was an enhanced one, specially designed to counter any metal signatures from within.
     Time was ticking, and you knew your target will be arriving shortly. It was near six, time for his death appointment. You had thought.
    Ten minutes passed, and you had reached the top floor and snuck your way to a nearby bathroom. It was empty, so you took out some tech to loop the camera at the door of the bathroom, and jam the door its self so no one would walk in. Thus, giving you enough time to change. You had strapped on your holster last, and lugged the bag into the garbage can.
     Finally, you faced the mirror. Your reflection staring back at you. Your brows furrowed with sorrow. Is this really who I've become? You had thought to yourself. Anger flowed within your veins, and tears stung your eyes. Of course, this is who I'll always be. And in one movement, your fist collided with the mirror, shattering it. Blood ran down your knuckles, and you knew it was a mistake. You soldiered on though, wrapping a small bandage from your utility belt quickly around your damaged hand, the one thing that mirrored your heart and soul.
    You looked for the ventilation shaft, glad for the blueprints you've studied last night. In the shaft you went, making your way to the meeting being held, the meeting about to crumble do to your presence. Gotham may have a Dark Knight, but their White Knight is about to fall. One less rich boy to deal with. As you shimmed quietly though the ducks, you listened to the voices, peering down through the cover that gave a slight view. You spotted your boy, and looked at the hologram computer that was embedded into your black band, on your right wrist.
       "Right on time, Mr. Wayne." You whispered. You calculated the amount of people in the room, a large, rectangular room with an oval table in the center. Fourteen people, including Bruce Wayne and a young boy. You could only think of one person. His ward, Dick Grayson. You noticed everyone's attire, all business no fear, yet you saw straps from a book bag on the boy close to your contract.
      "It's good to see you Mr. Wayne," A old dark skinned women shook his hand. You knew you needed to wait for your moment. "I'm glad to see Mr. Grayson here as well, this is a great way to get to know what the business life is like."
       Bruce nodded, and soon all who attended sat down. This was it, you took a deep breath in, and shifted your feet to hover above the entrance cover, or in your case, the exit. One quick movement and you kicked it open, dropping upon the table. Shocked gasp escaped the mouths of these business associates. Finally, you stood up, both Glock's in your hands at your sides.
       "It's her," Yelled a man, he pointed at you in terror. "It's Ghost!"
       "Leave," you yelled, looking over your shoulder for a second. Then, you met eyes with your contract. While the people began to leave in horror, Mr. Wayne stood frozen. A blank expression planted upon his features. Dick Grayson stood next to him in shock. "It's time for you to meet the same fate as your parents, minus the alley," You rose one of your Glock's, aiming it at him. "I only want you, so tell Dickie boy to go."
       One look they gave each other, and Dick nodded. Beginning to run out of the room, soon you knew guards will show up.
      "Why do you want so many people dead?" Bruce had began, you haven't put your finger on the trigger yet.
     "None of your business Mr. Wayne, just what I have to do." You said standing your ground. You narrowed your eyes, heart racing at a pace that worried you.
     "Don't do this," He had started, stalling the end. "You're just a young girl in the wrong place."
      You quickly put your finger on the trigger, and clenched your teeth, replying with, "Sorry to disappoint, I'm a girl whose never seen the right one."
       "Then let me help you," He rose his hands up, motioning in a way to tell you to calm down, your heart was pounding against your chest by now, "I can help you, there's a chance and a place for young people like you-"
     "What, killers? I'm not one of Arkham's test subjects and never will be, you're just stalling so just accept this is it!" You growled, a slight shake at your hand that gripped your aimed Glock.
     "Then why haven't you taken the shot already," The billionaire questioned sternly, his hands still up in defense, your eyes shifted toward your weapon, your lips pressed against each other, and teeth clenched in terror for yet another murder your to commit, "Don't do this, there is only so far some one can go."
      Your eyes shifted back to your contract, your eyes were beginning to get glossy and your stomach turned yet again in a sicking way, you had to do this, if you didn't, there was no telling if you'd be alive later on, "I'm sorry," you mouthed, and then seconds before you were about to pull the trigger, you felt a presence behind you. You widened your eyes, and reacted to it within a split second, twisting around and aiming both Glocks toward the figure while crouching upon the table. You fired, and watched as the Boy Wonder dogged bullets by flipping backwards, and in mid air, sent his bird-a-rangs your way. The metal collided with your Glock's at an impressive aim, knocking them free. You grunted gritting your teeth, and standing in battle stance.
     "Of course you'd show up," You began, "Must have been on my trail after all, none of what you said that night was true!"
     You were surprised with the sudden outrage. But he stood at the corner of
the room, close to the door in his stance as well.
    "This doesn't have to end in blood," Robin strained with clear emotion in his tone. "There's still a chance for redemption!"
      You had inched your hand to your belt, ready to grasp one of your trinkets. Soon you said with darkness, "I'm to far gone Boy Wonder."
    You flung two knives his way, and watched him roll to the side, finally it began. He had lunged your way with incredible agility. You saw determination and anger mixed with fear within his once kind blue eyes. Finally, he struck. Sending a hard right hook your way, that you quickly dogged leaning to the right.
     It was your turn, in a millisecond, you had both your hands wrapped around his arm, you then shifted your left hand under and near his armpit, slamming him down on the table front first. Your knee was placed on his spinal cord.
     "I don't want to kill you!" You made out, and felt his strength rising. You noticed Mr. Wayne finally move toward the exit, and you decided to flip off the Boy Wonder onto the floor near the table side closest to your victim. You grabbed another knife, flinging it toward him, yet he saw it coming and dived to the ground into a roll.
      You hadn't expected the White Knight to have a skill of the Dark Knight. Interesting, is what you thought. Robin had regained his self, lunging your way again. He sent punches, left and right, you avoided and dogged your best, his knee had caught you in the gut, angering you enough to let your full set of skills flood over. You flipped back to avoid any further hits. And then with lighting speed, you sent your deadly punches his way, catching his chest, and face. He was knocked back, and fell against the table.
     "You- re making a mistake," He chocked out. Though you watched Robin, your eyes landed on Bruce for a short second, then to one of your Glock's laying on top of the table. Bruce began to run toward the exit again. You did a cart wheel, onto the table, grabbing your Glock along the way and ending in a crouched position whilst aiming. You went to pull the trigger, then felt a hand on your wrist, and a leg wrap around your neck. You were instantly pinned. The Boy Wonder having you in a hold, "Stop fighting!"
    You clawed at his leg, unable to get your other arm free. Tears erupted from the pressure. And you felt your breath hitch. Finally you tried to speak, "Don-t-"
   But you couldn't make anything out anymore. Your voice came out as a
squeak.
   "Don't let this consume you! You can change, you have a chance, I know you can do this," Robin started with emotion you have never heard some one have in their tone while speaking about you. The Boy Wonder then shifted to where he was on top of you while your arm was behind your back and other above your head. He straddled your waist, and you tried using your strength to lift him off. "You can let this life go! You can be normal, you can have this chance to find peace with what you've done. Don't waste it and let that dark, horrid road lead you to an unreturnable, cliff you'll fall off over and over on repeat, " He paused to tighten his grip, terrified for you, definitely because you kept struggling. "Please- just please sto-"
     "I can't!" You screeched, letting tears fall finally. He had flinched, but you knew one thing, he was right, you wanted to leave, you wanted to get away but you couldn't do that, you had no way out of it. You finally sobbed those two words over and over, and finally after what seemed like an eternity, you ended in a whisper with, "I can't escape."
       Your muscles relaxed, and your body went limb. You gave into what he said, and stopped fighting. For once, you stopped. Letting yourself break down, letting yourself feel at least a gust of freedom. You never wanted the life given to you, and you didn't like who your were trained to become. You've become a monster, chained by the creators. But here, right now, was your chance to become more then what you are, a chance to finally live your life that's been robbed from you.