Chapter Twelve | Good within the Bad

A/N;
Here's a nearly 2000 word chapter, enjoy!
This chapter is so cute! ☺️

(Y/F/N) = Your First Name

Warnings;
Fluff

Chapter Twelve
Good within the Bad

You stood in silence, staring at the man before you. You felt like you were three again, little and weak. You hadn't felt that way in quite some time, at least, completely. Your nerve was anchoring your voice down, and your thoughts pedaled through your mind, you couldn't think of what to say, so all you did was nod.
"Mr. Wayne, I'll leave you too it. If you have any problems,  just contact us." Canary had spoke, and your eyes shifted to her in slight panic, the crunch keeping you standing was about to be taken away.
"Of course," He nodded, and shifted his deep brown eyes your way. Your throat felt dry, and your heart kept a quickened pace, "Please, come sit,"
He motioned next to him in the back. You were unsure why Mr. Wayne was so calm, but you went with it, and entered the car. Your attire laid on your lap as you adjusted into a comfortable spot, very, close to the door once the Butler shut it. You noticed Bruce eyed you, giving you a slight chill.
"Alfred, take us home."
"As you wish, Master Bruce." The butler known as Alfred said in a tone that was well mannered. You kept your gaze outside the window, until your attention was drawn away.
"Your costume, why yin yang?" Bruce spoke to make conversation, you didn't answer at first, but finally you looked toward him, trying to let your fear melt away.
"For the good and evil within some one," You replied with a shaken voice, "Not everyone is just evil, and not everyone is just good. No matter what they've done, no matter how horrible and dark their acts, there is some good barred deep down within them. It just depends on some one else's good side to keep digging it out," you paused to look down at your attire, and with a tone that was stronger than before, you said, "It may not make since to you, but, that's how I see it,"
It was silent, so you didn't look his way, you just turned to watch the city pass by, and without looking toward him, or with any hesitation you spoke, " I'm sorry, for trying to kill you."
       And through the reflection of the glass, behind you, you saw his reflection, his features and expression. From his once stern look, his face seemed delicate, just, for a moment.

Dick

      Dick was at the manor, waiting for your arrival. He believed you'd pass the test, and be here any moment. He wanted to make the stay as special and normal as possible. So he tidied up the room you were to stay in, it was just down the hall from his room.
     He didn't know how to introduce himself, or if he should at all. Any interaction as Dick Grayson, could trigger some suspension as Robin. It worried both the Dynamic Duo. Him and his mentor already had conversations including these current thoughts, but even though they swam through his mind, he couldn't keep a single one steady and afloat.
       After what believed to be all he could do, he ended up back in his room. He started at his case notes of you, all your secrets seemed to be reviled, but deep down his gut twisted in an unusual way, like he was missing something. Dick sighed, placing both his hands upon the chalk bored, and dragging it down to cover what he has gathered about you. He had to take every precaution, no matter what, it seemed like hours were draining away, and he was left to dwell on the thought that you didn't in fact complete the test.
       Finally, he heard voices echoing from the main hall. It had to be you, Bruce and Alfred. Or, it was just them and you were still held prisoner at the Hall. He traveled down toward the voices, well, voice. It was Alfred's.
      "This is your new home for now," Alfred spoke clearly, and Dick peaked around the corner. He saw the three of you, and then just focused on what he believed to be the prettiest face he's seen since his mothers passing, "You're to come find me when ever your in need of assistance and answers, Breakfast is usually at seven o'clock, Lunch at twelve in the afternoon and dinner at six o'clock in the evening."
      Dick had finally made himself known, hand grasping the railing before he'd step to the grand staircases top step. Both of your eyes met, and mixed emotions crossed your face. His heart raced, and he felt happy to see you before him once again, but finally, and truly as himself.
      "Hello," He spoke, letting a kind smile cross his features, trying one of the ways Bruce and him went over. It suited him well, well enough to where you let a shy grin spread upon your features, "I'm Dick Grayson, it's cool to finally meet you as, you."
     "Oh really? If I'm not mistaken, you're the one that ran right," You shrugged, tilting your head, "Pretty sure I already figured out who you are."
       Dick rolled his eyes, and began to ascend downward, "I beg to differ," the blue eyed boy began as he kept walking toward you with each step, and his expression changed instantly,"Am I the one who got caught?"
       "Dick, that's enough," Bruce stated bluntly, ending what seemed to be a battle between both your narrowed orbs. But, his stare faltered, and shifted from your eyes to meet Bruce's, "All grudges aside, she's living here for the time being."
      "Whatever." Dick crossed his arms, playing a part in the act. This is what Dick knew he had to run with now, and what Bruce decided to follow. A tactic to hide what he truly feels, but wants to say, do and set free. The fact he has to hide who he truly is from you, felt like the worst feeling he's felt since that night of his last performance.

Around Twelve at night

       Alfred is to take you shopping in the morning to buy clothes and required items of a young thirteen year old girl. Right now, you had walked the halls, exploring the huge maze like manor. You couldn't believe the old, beautiful details designed on the archways, and imprinted on the walls. The scarlet color gave a soft tone and set a delicate mood.
      Finally, you had came across a large door leading to a balcony. You opened it, and stood upon it, your view over took the dark backyard, sending a unnerving vibe. But in some way, that darkness was soothing to you. Minutes passed by, and you felt like eyes were upon your figure, but no movement was seen or heard. You smiled, straightening your posture, "I had a feeling you'd show up."
         You turned around to survey the area for your masked hero, yet there was no one. You cocked your head, and realized there was a roof above, and he wouldn't be able to sneak up behind you. But, your eyes widened and instinct kicked in. You swung around, sending a right hook to the presence upon the ledge.
        Your move was blocked with another from the boy before you. His left hand grasped near you elbow. And his right arm was against yours but vertical. A grin was plastered upon his pretty face, that soon masked your expression.
        "Of course, how could I not show up and congratulate some one for a great accomplishment?" He tilted his head, and you sighed. Robin let your arm go, and they ended up crossed.
        "If that's your way of flirting Boy Wonder, I doubt I can cover for these unannounced visits I predict in the future." You cooed, Robin chuckled and shifted his posture so he'd sit on the ledge completely.
       "You'll know when I'm flirting," He paused to lean forward, your faces inches away, paralleling each other's, "Even if all I'm doing is sitting, and as close as we were when I took you down."
       A blush exposed upon your cheeks, and you turned your head to hid it. His effect was strong, and you hadn't expected such a feeling you felt for him to happen so quickly.
     You didn't turn to look into his dark ocean blues, but you decided to state a thought, "So, how many visits will I be so honored to receive?"
     Your head tilted to look at his boots, and avoid his beautiful orbs, but finally he replied with, "As many as you like."
     Both your orbs finally met, your heart ached for him. It was undeniably the truth. All these years you've been restrained from different human interaction, interaction like so.
      It terrified you, it terrified you in a way that made you wonder what it be like for his hand to be interlocked with yours, to be in his arms, and to hear the slow rhythm of his heartbeat. You heard foot steps from within the manor through the cracked balcony door. Panic of trouble filled your eyes, and you peered over you shoulder for just a split second before returning to look into his blues.
      "Look, I'm supposed to be in bed, but I was just exploring the manor. You best go before were both in trouble." You whispered as you turned to peer over your shoulder once more.
     "Okay, but, be here tomorrow night at eight. I wanna see you again, I mean i- if you want to see me too." Robin whispered back, and your orbs danced with each other's, sending chills down your spine. You let a mischievous grin become exposed, and slid your fingers under his cape at the front, and gripped it tightly to pull him close. Your lips touched his cheek gently, and you pulled away watching his cheeks light up with the given light on the balcony.
      "What do you think?" You smirked, keeping a good grip upon his cape. Your heart was beating at a drastic rate, but it was the danger within the single moment between you two that drove it.
      "(Y/F/N), where are you?" Alfred some what yelled in a tamed tone very near the door, it be seconds he'd find you here with the Boy Wonder. You let his cape go, watching the crack within the door of the balcony.
    "You shoul-" Is all you got out before you cut yourself off viewing where you once saw Robin. He was gone, and you smiled knowing he to was one with the shadows, "Go."
      You heard the door creak open from behind, "There you are, when I found you weren't in bed, I began a search right away."
     You turned to face Alfred, and replied with, "Sorry, I just needed some air. Been coped up for a while."