Chapter Eleven | A Test

A/N;
Enjoy!

Warnings;
None

Chapter Eleven
A Test

         You were completely nervous, you were going to be in the presence of the man you were once to kill. It was a feeling you hated, the guilt made your heart ache in a horrifying way.
         Robin had left with the caped crusader, and Canary had taken you to another room. It was more of a storage room, and she had went to a certain cabinet, opening it to view what was contained from within. You stood quietly with your right hand on your left wrist. Once she turned with the items she picked up, you saw your attire.
        "Why are you returning this to me?" You questioned curiously, looking into her beautiful blues.
         "A reminder of what you once were, but what you can be instead," She replied with a slight smile, handing your attire to you. You hesitated before you took it in your arms, " don't make me regret this."
        "I won't, thank you." You nodded giving a slight smile yourself. You didn't know if this was her own choice, or the Leagues. But having this back, almost made you feel whole. Even if you used it to kill many, it was apart of you and you couldn't deny it.
       You did have a feeling that it was her choice alone, and that she didn't run by with any others. Her kindness with you, it was some what different, and sent an impulse of rushed feelings throughout your veins.
      The both of you walked through the halls in silence the rest of the way, your sneakers squeaked against the ground, and you held tightly to your attire. You had no clue what your life had in store after you start living with Bruce Wayne, but hell, how does anyone know when they first begin to? There's also the matter of that Grayson kid, your gut twisted in a way that made you feel curious and bewildered. But you shook it off.
       Canary stopped in front of a door, it had a golden plate imprinted with the word 'library'. Why were we going into the library? You had thought. Answers did come your way as you entered and soon stood at the end, a door slid open after you read 'League members only' upon it. And Canary had typed her way on a computer at the side.
         "This is a Zeta tube, I'm giving you access to use it to travel from here to a Zeta tube in Gotham city, it's a quite effective way to get places in a hurry. But, your to only use it for emergencies," Canary paused to look your way, ending her keystrokes, "Ready to head to your new home?"
        "Ready as I'll ever be." You sighed with a shrug. Then Canary nodded, stepping in front of the door.
        "Follow me, and don't worry. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like your buzzing all over once you complete the transport." Canary said as the computer scanned her, and you noted every detail. Soon she had disappeared right before your eyes, and you had stared in awe.
         You looked at your attire, then behind your shoulder. It was an opportunity to bolt, to escape. But maybe, maybe she didn't do it because she forgot you were a villain, maybe it was something more. You gulped and turned back toward the Zeta. And you knew that this was going to be as weird as it could come by. But you stepped forward, and the computer scanned you instead.
          "Recognized, Ghost B08." The computer droned, and you felt a buzzing feeling Canary had talked about. You widened your eyes and gasped, turning around, but the whole room seemed to disintegrate right before your eyes.
         You had felt nauseous after you appeared within a booth like compartment, pressing desperately against the side. Your body tingled, and you felt extremely light headed. A gust of wind whispered upon your face, and you recognized those beautiful blues from Black Canary within the darkness.
        "You actually came," Canary placed her hands at her hips, and then her expression changed into a smile,"proud of you."
         "What do you mean?" You asked softly, standing up straighter. You had then began to make your way out of that Telephone booth hidden in the alley.
         "You could have tried to escape, but you didn't," Canary had spoke, and you turned to face her in the more spacious area, "it was a simple test to see if you were truly ready."
         "And if I had escaped?" You tilted your head, furrowing your brows in question.
         "You wouldn't of, Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado were waiting for you just out side the library doors, ready to take you down if you did in fact try," You looked down, disappointed in yourself. You did have a strong pull to leave when she left you there, and you hated it, "you just took another step toward redemption, but now, another awaits."
         Canary gestured toward the front of the alley. You noticed even within the dark, a fancy car awaited. You gave Canary a look of confusion, but she just began to walk. You huffed and then shadowed her. Once you got close enough, the drivers side door opened, and an older man had appeared and walked toward the opposed side of the door. He was dressed nicely, and you knew he had to be the butler of- The older man began to open the door, Bruce Wayne.
           Bruce's eyes soon met yours and you stared at him in fear. The man you were once to kill, was now right before you. You shifted your sight to the Butler, and he gave a saddened look.
          "(Y/F/N), Crock," Bruce began sending chills down your spine, "Glad to finally meet you without, complications."

~•~

A/N;
Dun dun daaaaaaaa! Oh this is exciting stuff, it's turbing!