Chapter Eight | Unspoken Words

A/N;
Haha, I'm evil. 😈

Warnings;
None

Chapter Eight
Unspoken Words

       You sat shackled behind the table of the integration room where a criminal like you, ends up. You stared blankly at the cool metaled surface, emotionless, tired and afraid. Yet, only you could see half those feelings that are hidden from others. Finally, after almost hours of sitting in that metal chair, the door opened. In walked in a women with beautiful long blonde hair, and daring blue eyes. She was Black Canary.
      She had pulled out the chair opposite from you, then sat down herself. You still didn't look up to meet her orbs.
      "Hello Ghost, I'm Black Canary," she spoke, yet paused hoping for a reply. When she figured you weren't going to, she spoke again once she placed her arms upon the table leaning in, "I understand you're a known assassin of Gotham City, killing one hundred and thirty seven people over the past two and a half years," she paused once more, gazing over your frozen figure, trying to read you, "and I understand that you, are under some kind of control?"
      You kept quiet, entwining your hands together at your lap. It was silent and you didn't want to reply, you didn't want to admit anything at all to anyone anymore, " please understand we can't help you if you don't corporate-"
      "I can't be helped." You had hissed, cutting Canary off. Your eyes burned into hers, and you felt your chest rise and decline at a drastic pace, angered.
      "You're right, you're nothing but a toy for those above you that you work for, you're not supposed to feel, or listen to anyone that could change you for the better, your nothing but something your bosses can throw away in a heartbeat," she paused and you looked down once again. Her words fled through your mind, "you're to well trained to admit you need help, to well isolated. Let me and the Justice League bring out who you truly are."
       Again, you met her orbs. Furrowing your brows as tears fell down your cheeks, finally you spoke again, "How do you have a clue on who I am?"
     "Because of the one person whose been trying to help you the most, all he's said and gathered about you. You don't kill unless you have too, you don't kill unless you're told to," Canary tilted her head to the side, finally letting a sympathetic expression cross her face, "you're a good person inside, a good person whose been taken advantage of. So please, tell us whose controlling your actions."
      You hadn't looked away, but you let your thoughts in. If you told her everything, you knew Ra's would come after you, he'll send Jade after you, after you, to kill you. So you knew you'd have to use your skills to lie, to tell them only what you believe they should hear. For now.
      "There's a- Secret organization in Gotham, lead by the League of Shadows. We move around the city too much to pin point a place you'd be able to catch anyone else, and if they've heard of my capture, they'd know to keep apart for a long while and meet up some where different, some where new," you finally paused to look at the metal table again, "a precaution we've all been trained to take," looking up toward Canary you finally said, "you're right about me being under control, you're right about my moral standards of killing, and you're right about me being isolated. I've been trained to be who I am since I was very little. Since I was three years old."
      "So you've been alone throughout all your life? Just relying on the League of Shadows?" She narrowed her eyes, and entwined her own hands on top of the table.
      "Yes, I have." You answered sternly. Lying to the hero before you.
      "Do you know why you were to assassinate Bruce Wayne?" She brought up out of the blue, and it sparked an interest.
      "I don't question the motives of the operatives," You stated blandly, "I'm just the one who murders their targets."
      "You can be completely honest with us, we can protect you-"
      "I can protect my self." You cut her off once more, clenching your jaw.
      "Okay, okay." She leaned back into her chair. Backing off.
      "So what's going to happen to me?" You finally asked the question, you've been yearning to ask.

Dick

      "So what's going to happen to me?" You had questioned. Dick watched on the opposite side of the mirrored glass. He had his arms crossed, been there this whole time, heard everything you've said.
      "We'll figure that out," Canary said, and Dick felt his heart ache for you. Everything you've said made his feelings strengthen. He saw you, he saw who you really were. That damaged soul, a string puppet for the League of Shadows, "for now, you'll be under supervision in a cell here in the Hall of Justice."
       The only reply Canary got out of you was a nod, Dick sighed and turned to his mentor. "So, what exactly do you have in mind for her? I know she tried to kill you but, it wasn't her fault."
        Bruce had turned beginning to walk out, and he did speak. "I understand that she had no say in what she has done in the past, and I understand what you're doing at this point, it's a bad idea for visiting privileges."
      "I- I didn't even ask." Dick tilted his head bewildered.
      "You didn't have too," His mentor kept walking, and Dick walked behind quietly, a tint of pink exposed in his cheeks, "I'll figure it out soon, I'm not sure at this moment."
         And they left for home, Dick giving one last glance back toward where you sit. Hoping, you'll be fine until the next time he sees you.