chapter 10

After a while...

"We have to tell Hallie." Darla said as she was in her pajamas and it was night now in California.

"Agreed." Annie nodded.

Darla then dried her hair as it dripped water on the floor. After drying off, they soon called Annie's house.

In London...

It was about time for breakfast.

"You sleep okay?" Amber asked Hallie when it was just the two of them.

"Yeah, Cubby really helps." Hallie smiled.

"Well, I'm happy that you got to sleep okay." Amber smiled back.

"James residence..." Martin answered the phone as the girls walked by. "Annie?"

"Yes, Mawtin?" Hallie replied, using her accent then.

"Oh, dear, it sounded just like you on the phone." Martin replied, looking to her in surprise.

'Must be Annie calling for Hallie.' Amber thought to herself.

"A Mildred Plotka for you," Martin handed the phone. "Sounds like your twin."

"My twin? Very funny!" Hallie forced a laugh as she took the phone.

"Her twin, oh, please, Martin; Annie doesn't have a twin." Amber smiled nervously.

Martin then shrugged and went off. Hallie held out the phone a little so she and Amber could both talk to Annie and Darla on the phone.

"We can't do that," Amber warned Hallie. "Someone might see us."

Hallie looked behind them. "Let's go in the closet!"

"Yeah." Amber nodded.

Halie and Amber then went in the closet, taking the phone with them.

"Okay, now we can talk." Hallie then said, using her American accent.

"Girls, you won't believe how amazing she is." Amber smiled.

"Oh, my God, Mom's incredible," Hallie added in. "I can not believe I've lived my. entire life without knowing her. She's beautiful and fun and smart and I love the gowns she designs and I got her talking about how she and Dad first met and what happened between them and if you ask me-"

"Hallie, stop; change in plans, you're gonna have to bring your mom here right away." Darla said.

"Right away?" Hallie repeated. "Are you nuts? I've had one day with her. I'm just getting to know her. I can't. I refuse."

"But your dad's in love!" Darla replied like that was a bad thing.

"Get out of here," Hallie laughed. "Dad doesn't fall in love."

"Oh, trust me, Hal, she's serious." Annie said.

"He's always holding her hand, kissing her neck, and waiting on her hand and foot." Darla added in.

"She is?" Amber and Hallie asked.

"It's disgusting..." Darla and Annie grunted.

Hallie soon found a candy wrapper and knew what to do with it.

"Come on, guys, we need your help." Darla begged and pleaded.

"We'll you guys will just have to break them up..." Hallie shrugged. "Sabotage them, do whatever you have to do."

"Yeah." Amber nodded.