chapter 17

Later that night...

Annie and Amber sat together with Anita as they had some tea together while Domino came in and looked like he wanted to join in.

"Oh, how cute, he's like a little person~" Anita cooed with a giggle as Domino sat in an empty chair at the table with them.

"Good evening, Domino, would you like some tea?" Annie asked.

Domino nodded with a smile. Anita then poured a small cup of tea for the puppy. Domino then lapped it up which made Amber and Annie giggle.

"What?" Domino asked.

Annie pet Domino. "Oh, I love this puppy."

"He seems to like you too." Anita smiled in agreement.

"Do you think Mum would let me keep him?" Annie asked Amber.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask your mother." Anita said.

"I hope she says yes..." Annie said as she really liked Domino and the feeling was mutual.

Elizabeth came out in a black dress.

"Oh, you look lovely, Lizzie!" Anita beamed.

"Thank you, Annie says there's a surprise for me later tonight." Elizabeth replied.

"Indeed there is." Annie smiled.

"Amber, don't you have something to ask you mom?" Amber asked.

"Oh, um... Mum...?" Annie looked over. "I know you have a lot on your mind, but... Could I maybe have a puppy of my very own?"

"You mean one like Domino?" Elizabeth smirked playfully.

"Erm... Yes, Mum..." Annie smiled. "I really like him and he really likes me."

"Well, I guess you can keep him." Elizabeth smiled.

"Yay!" Annie and Domino cheered.

"He'll be your responsibility though." Elizabeth reminded.

"Oh, yes, Mum, I understand." Annie nodded as she hugged the puppy.

Domino soon licked her. Annie giggled from the licking.

Later on, Annie wore a blue and white dress with a blue headband with her mother as Nick was coming in his suit while Hallie wore her hair up and had a glossy pink dress. Domino soon came as well. He had on a bow tie around his collar to look like a 'gentlepup'.

'This is going to be a great night.' Domino thought to himself.

"Hello." Elizabeth greeted.

Nick looked over and saw her. "Hey."

The pairs then walked toward each other with their respective daughters.

"So, do you know where they're taking us?" Elizabeth whispered to Nick.

"Not a clue." Nick whispered back.

"I can tell you where." Domino smiled.

Nick and Elizabeth then looked down to Domino.

"It has something to do with how you two first met." Domino said.

Nick and Elizabeth then looked to each other.

It was a beautiful night as Hallie and Annie led their parents to recreate their first night together. Domino soon pointed out to an ocean liner they were going to eat at. Nick and Elizabeth looked in amazement as they then went up the stairs.