Seven : Dinner

Camila and I exited my room, me following behind her down the stairs. I was walking her out, and I'm guessing Lauren left because I didn't hear her.

"Y/N - oh," mom appeared. "I thought you left, but uh, hi, I'm Y/N's mom."

"Camila," Camila gave my mom a small smile. "And I was just leaving."

"Well, do you want to stay for dinner?" mom inquired, glancing at me, then Camila. I raised an eyebrow. "I made soup and salad. Lauren helped with the soup."

"Uh," Camila glanced at me. "Sure, why not? My mom won't mind."

"Is that okay with you, Y/N?" mom looked at me, as did Camila.

I shrugged, "Sure."

You know that look? The one your mom gives you? The one that says, 'say yes or else'? Yeah, she's giving me that look.

In all honesty, I didn't want Camila to stay for dinner. It's not Camila, it's just, my mom is embarrassing. She tells embarrassing stories.

We sat around the table, mom's and my soup and salad already made.

"Y/N, make Camila some soup and salad," mom told me, sitting down. "Sit wherever, Camila."

Camila silently sat as I sighed. I got out a bowl and poured some soup into it, "Careful, it's hot." I sat it down in front of Camila. I then proceeded to make her some salad.

"Oh - do you have tea?" Camila asked me.

"Sweet?"

She nodded, and I walked back to the kitchen and poured her a glass. I then sat down next to Camila.

"Oh - napkins?" Mom asked me. I huffed, hearing Camila softly laughing as I returned with napkins.

"Can I sit down now? Or do you need me to polish your shoes while you eat?" I sarcastically questioned, sitting down.

"Well, since you asked - " I groaned as the two girls laughed. "I'm kidding. Eat."

"Finally," I mumbled, taking a bite out of my salad.

"What classes do you have with Y/N, Camila?" Mom asked.

"Everything except History," Camila answered.

"So you were there when she got into that fight?" Mom asked.

"Mom," I stated. "Not tonight, please."

She glanced at Camila, who was staring down at her salad, and then me, "Fine. Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah," Camila smiled. "One. Her name is Sofia. She's younger."

My mom was about to respond, but her phone started to ring. She sighed, sending Camila and apologetic smile, "Excuse me."

She got up and walked out of the kitchen, answering her phone with a faint 'hello'.

"Your mom is nice," Camila commented. "And her cooking is great."

"Oh, just wait until she starts bringing up embarrassing stories," I told Camila, causing her to laugh.

"I can't wait,"

My mom came back into the kitchen, "There's an emergency at work and they need all hands. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said. "I'll clean up."

"Thanks Y/N," she kissed me on my head. "And nice to meet you, Camila."

"You too,"

My mom smiled at us, grabbing her keys and jacket and walking out of the house. I looked at Camila, who looked at me.

"Wanna order pizza?" I inquired, glancing at the soup.

She laughed, "Sure. I'll put on a movie."

-

I reached for another slice of pizza, my back against the couch. Camila sat close next to me, our legs brushing together. The lights were off, and the TV screen lit up the room. My mom still wasn't home.

I wasn't paying attention to the movie, though. I was focusing on trying not to act so nervous around Camila. Sure, we've been on a date, and we've kissed, but we weren't official like I wanted us to be. In fact, we haven't talked about what we were.

I took a bite of my pizza and swallowed, "Hey Camila?"

She hummed in response, eyes focused on the movie. I sighed, shaking my head, knowing she was interested in the movie.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Camila looked away from the TV, and at me.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "It can wait."

Camila frowned and paused the movie, "What's wrong?"

I sighed again, putting the pizza down, "What uh, what are we? Like - we've kissed and went on dates - but I don't know what we are."

Camila was quiet for a moment, eyes still locked with mine, "Well. I like you, and I hope you like me - "

"I do,"

"Okay, then I want - I would like to pursue a relationship with you," Camila nervously said, now chewing on her bottom lip.

I nodded, "Yeah. I-I want the same,"

Camila nodded, eyes lowering to my lips, then back up to my eyes. I nodded again, closing my eyes and pressing my lips to hers, in a gentle way so it doesn't hurt my cut.

Camila softly kissed back, probably knowing that it would hurt. And then, we pulled away.

"When your lip is healed, the kiss will be better than that," she whispered, foreheads pressed together.

I softly laughed, "Okay. Hey Camila?"

"Hey,"

I smiled again, "Be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah," she responded, and then resting her head on my shoulder. "Hell yeah."

I laughed, a wide smile on my face. Camila grabbed my hand, fingers interlaced. I resumed the movie, glancing down at Camila.

-

Camila had left after the movie. Her mom had called and told her to come home, and Camila compromised that she would leave after the movie.

So now, I'm in my room, laying on my bed with the lights off. My mom had came home right after Camila left, and now she was in the shower, because I had taken one before her.

I was about to reach for my phone, but then I realized my mom had it, and I sighed. I wanted to text Camila, and I wanted to see her.

But at least she's my girlfriend, and I'll see her after school. I smiled, rolling over in my bed and shutting my eyes.

-

hi

October 9th, 11:37 AM