Part Fifteen: Empty Pill Bottles and Broken Dreams

A/N: I cried while writing this...

*ECHO'S POV*

The tour bus pulled up to our house. We got our bags, and we got off.

It was early August by now, so I would have to start school soon. It was a new school, so I was really nervous. 

We walked inside the house, and we all sat our bags by the door. I walked to my room to go charge my phone. 

As soon as I turned it on, I saw that I had a text from Lucas. My heart beat faster as I opened it.

Echo, I love you. I have since I first laid eyes on you. And I'll love you as I leave you. I just can't do this anymore. I've fought it for so long, and I can't go on any longer. I'm so so sorry. I love you. Don't ever forget that.

Tears started running down my cheeks immediately. 

Was he gone already?

*LUCAS'S POV*

I sent the text to Echo as tears streamed town my face. Dad went to the store. Maddie, Bryan, and Jack were in their rooms, and I was in mine. 

I locked the door and sat on the edge of my bed. I reread the piece of paper for the millionth time, knowing that this would be the last anyone would ever hear from me. 

This was the last time I would ever cry. 

This was the last time I would ever feel pain.

This was it.

This was the moment I'd been waiting for for so long...

I carefully opened the pill bottle after I read it. 

5 to overdose...

I dumped the entire bottle into my hand.

I put all of the pills in my mouth.

I picked up the glass of water with shaking hands. 

I downed the entire glass, and lied down on my bed.

I shut my eyes.

*RICKY'S POV*

We were in the waiting room at the hospital. We just got the call from Josh saying that he found Lucas laying in his bed nearly dead after he had to break down his bedroom door. He said he found an empty glass of water and an empty bottle of pills on the nightstand. He also found a note. 

Echo was completely silent as she sat next to me. She had her earbuds in that were plugged into her phone. I leaned a little bit closer to see what she was listening to. 

Therapy ~ All Time Low...

Poor girl...she loved him...you could see it in her eyes when he walked into the room. It's sad that he might not make it...

*ECHO'S POV*

"Give me therapy,

I'm a walking travesty..

But I'm smiling at everything,

Therapy,

You were never a friend to me...

And you can keep all your misery.."

He's not going to make it. I know it. I was stupid to think that we would ever be something. It's been my dream since I met him...now that dream is broken.

I was fighting tears when the doctor came into the waiting room.

"Mr. Korel would like to see you all, now." He said before walking away.

We all stood up and started walking to the hospital room.

The second I walked in, I saw Lucas unconscious and hooked up to a bunch of machines. It hurt to see him in a condition like that.

I walked over and knelt down next to him. His face was extremely pale, and his eyelids and lips were slightly blue. 

"You want us to give you guys some time?" Josh asked.

I nodded my head, and Chris, Ricky, and him all walked out into the hallway. 

I held his hand. It was really cold. So was the rest of his arm.

I looked over at the screen that showed his heart rate. It was getting slower and slower.

I felt his hand twitch. I looked over at him as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said back as I slightly smiled.

"Echo?" He started to ask.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He said as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I love you too." I said.

He raised up in his hospital bed and lifted my head up by my chin.

He kissed me one last time.

"Dear Maria, count me in." He said.

He lied back down in the bed and closed his eyes.

A few seconds later, I heard a long beeping sound. I looked back at the screen to see a long line dragging all the way across the screen. 

Doctors immediately ran into the room, followed by Ricky, Chris, and Josh. 

Chris took me by the shoulders and rushed me out of the room. 

Once everyone was out of the room, the doctors brought the hospital bed out of the room and started walking it down the hallway.

Lucas was dead. 

He was gone...

And he was never coming back... 

A/N: I'm changing my username so I won't be able to write for a while...