Part 45: Adyson

*ASHTON'S POV*

"So, what's the girl's name again?" Ricky asked me.

So our school was pretty much having a dance, and I got this girl from school to go with me.

"Adyson Meritt." I said.

Adyson was one of the so called "popular" girls. Which is shocking that she agreed to go to the dance with me, considering that her whole clique hated me.

I guess the whole story was that her boyfriend broke up with her and she didn't have a date, so this happened.

And now she's going to the dance with so called "emo kid."

"Well, are you ready to go pick her up now?" Ricky asked.

"Sure." I said.

So we all got in the car, me, Ricky, and Echo, we picked up Ross, and we drove to Adyson's house.

When we got there, Ricky turned towards the backseat and gave me a funny look.

"What's that look for?" I asked him.

"Go get her." He said.

Then, it dawned on me.

I had to walk up to her house and knock on the door and open the car door for her and everything what the actual fuck.

I sighed. I had to do this.

So I slowly got out of the car and slowly walked up the walkway. But, I must have been to slow or something because Ricky fucking honked the horn so I considered running away but I had to be brave and knock on the door. But there was no use for that now.

See, Echo was lucky. She didn't have to get out and experience the awkwardness of knocking because Ross was so comfortable with our family that he can straight up just walk into our house at 3 am and get a bag of chips and watch a movie and leave.

I wasn't even that comfortable what the hell.

So I walked up to Adyson's door, took a deep breath, and knocked.

Luckily, she was the one to answer the door.

"Okay, Ashton, are you ready to go now?" She asked me.

"Um, yeah." I said.

So she ended up walking ahead of me toward the car. She wasn't awkward at all. The complete opposite of me.

She made me sit in the middle, which I was perfectly fine with, being the second smallest one in the car.

Anyways, Ricky drove us all to the dance.