Part 48: Ashton

A/N: Just so you guys know, there will be a sequel! I might start working on  different fan fiction after this is over, but I'll start working on the sequel within 2 weeks of this story's end.

*ECHO'S POV*

Being suspended and living in this family was great. 

I broke a girl's nose and got rewarded with ice cream and doughnuts. 

I was half a week into the suspension by now. Mr. Martin shortened it a little bit, based on what Rowan did, so I had to go back tomorrow. And I honestly didn't know how I felt about it. 

Like I said, Ashton hasn't been himself. Adyson really fucked him up. And guess what happened? They're dating now. Which is stupid. I don't think Ashton knows what he's getting himself into! She's the worst person to have as a girlfriend!

*ASHTON'S POV*

I sat in bed listening to Black Damask as I waited for Adyson to text me back. She hasn't been talking to me lately. It was kind of weird. 

The song was about halfway through when I got a text. It wasn't from Adyson, though. It was from someone I used to be friends with. Her name was Copelynn Graves, and we were best friends until the 6th grade. I don't know what happened after that. We just stopped talking. 

She had long black hair and green eyes. She was really shy, so I'm surprised she was talking to me. She was an average sized girl, except she was a little short, which I did tease her for. Her reaction was really funny though. 

"I'll strangle you if you say that again!" She would say. 

"I would be scared if you could reach my neck." I would respond. 

I remembered all of the fun times between me and Copelynn. 

And the not so fun was. 

I remember all the times when I would sneak out at 2am because my dad was beating me. I would stay over at her house, and be back in bed by morning. Her house was the only place I felt welcome. Copelynn's mom was the only one who cleaned up the cuts that he had given me. Their home was the only place I felt safe. 

Then 6th grade hit, and we just grew apart. I had no idea what happened. 

So anyways, Copelynn texted me. 

(C: Copelynn    A: Ashton)

C: Hey Ash

A: Hi

C: We haven't talked in a while...

A: I know...

C: Did I do anything wrong?? We haven't talked in 2 years

A: No, you didn't do anything. I guess we just went our separate ways...

C: Oh.

A: Yeah..

C: So...I heard you an Adyson Meritt are dating

A: We are

C: Cool. How is she? Is she a good girlfriend?

A: She's okay...

C: Are you sure?

A: Yeah

C: You seem sad..

A: How would I seem sad? We're just texting.

C: Yeah, I know. But you used to text like this when you were sad..

A: You remember the way I text?

C: Yeah, why wouldn't I? Talking to you, texting or talking, was the highlight of my day. 

A: Wonder why

C: You were my best friend, Ash. 

Ash...I remember how she was the first to call me that. Before Ash, it was Ashton, the Drunk's kid, Arcene, no one ever called me Ash until she came along. She called me Ash, and I called her Cope or Shorty.  

A: I know. And you were mine, Cope. 

C: I kind of miss it..

A: Same

C: We need to catch up sometime...if that's alright with you..

A: It's fine. Do you uh, want to come over Friday? 

C: Sure. Do you live in the same house?

A: Um, no...not exactly..

C: Oh? Where do you live?

A: You know Ricky and Chris from MIW, well they adopted me. 

C: That's great! I'm so happy for you. 

A: Thanks. 

C: So what's your address? 

I gave her my address, and we made plans for her to come over. I was actually kind of happy that I was going to reunite with my best friend. I was happy. For the first time in what feels like forever. 

Just as the song ended, Adyson texted, and all the depression washed back over me. 

I wondered why, though. She was my girlfriend! I was supposed to love when she texted me.. It was supposed to light up my day..

But it didn't. 

Me and Adyson talked a bit about a bunch of random things. It was funny how she never noticed when I was sad. But Copelynn did, and we hadn't talked in 2 years. Adyson never noticed my depression, yet Copelynn did. 

I can't fall for Copelynn though...that can't happen. 

And it's not going to. 

"Ashton!" Ricky yelled from the kitchen, "dinner's ready!" 

I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen.