Part 50: When The Meritts Came Over

*Ashton's POV*

 So yeah...Adyson was coming over today...

Echo was pretty mad, because she doesn't like her, and neither does Chris or Ricky. But they'll just have to accept the fact that we're together.

I heard Ady knock on the door. I answered it, and she walked in. No "hi" or anything, just walked in. Her mom followed in after her. She had a stern look on her face and looked really uptight.

"Hi." I said to them both.

Ady sighed. "Hi."

I smiled at her mom.

"So you're Ashton?" She asked me.

"Uh yeah. And these are my parents, Chris and Ricky, and my sister, Echo." I said as I gestured to the couch.

Echo waved, Ricky slightly smiled, and Chris looked pissed.

"So your parents are gay?" Ady asked.

"Um..yeah.."

I heard her mom mumble under her breath.

"That's so disgusting.."

Echo heard her, and immediately spoke up.

"Can you shut up?! Don't come into this house of you're just going to be a close minded bitch!!" She yelled.

"Echo," Ricky said, "Don't say that."

"It's true though.." Chris mumbled.

Ricky sighed and looked at Mrs. Meritt.

"Sorry if we're not to your liking.." He said.

All she did was look at him with that same, stern, cold look on her face.

So Chris, Echo, Ricky, and Adyson's mom all went to the kitchen and me and Ady sat on the couch. Fuck. We were already off to a bad start. 

*Ricky's POV*

So we were all sitting at the table. Chris and Jocelyn, Adyson's mom, were on their phones, while me and Echo were just eating a bunch of stuff. After a few minutes, I heard Echo whisper to me quietly. 

"I like Copelynn and Lori better.." She said. 

"I know. I do too. But at least Copelynn and Ashton are friends, which means we might see them a bit." I whispered back. 

"So is this what you people do?" Jocelyn asked. "Just sit in complete silence while you have guests?" 

"Well usually our guests are a little more humble.." Chris said. "And want to get to know us...and don't call us disgusting..." 

"Well it's wrong." She said. "Two men should not be together. And it really is disgusting." 

"What's so disgusting?" Chris asked. "Are we making out in front of you? Are we even sitting on the same side of the table right now? Am I holding Ricky's hand? Have I even hugged him since you've been here?" 

"You sleep in the same bed." 

"What the fuck do most girls do at sleepovers?" He nearly shouted. 

He had a point.. 

"It's different if that's the case!" She said. 

Chris started laughing really loud. I could tell he was about to say something. But Echo was actually the one to speak up. 

"How is it any different? They're still sleeping in the same bed! And why are you making such a big freaking deal about them being gay? As far as I'm concerned, they're committed to each other, there's no one else in their relationship, they're legally married, and they love each other. So I don't understand why you would treat them any different as you would a straight couple! The way you're acting, I wouldn't be surprised if you gave a prostitute more respect than you give this damn family!" 

Jocelyn got up, grabbed her purse, and looked at us all. 

"You're all going to Hell!" She yelled as she walked into our living room. 

We all followed her out there. 

"Ady! Get up! We're going home!" She screamed. 

So Adyson got up and they left, but before they left, Jocelyn turned to us. 

"This family...you're all such a travesty!" 

And then they left. 

Ashton turned to us. 

"What happened?" He yelled. 

"Your girlfriend's mom is a disrespectful religious uptight bitch." Chris said. 

Ashton looked mad as hell. He got up from the couch, ran past us, and went to his room. 

Later that night..

*ASHTON'S POV*

"Why not, Ashton?" Echo asked me, "she and her mom are so much nicer than them! She's hell of a lot prettier, funnier, and way better girlfriend material." 

She was talking about Copelynn. 

"I'm dating Adyson, Echo! You need to accept that!" I said back. 

So it was true, they all liked the Graves better than the Meritts. 

"But do you know how mean they both are? Especially Adyson! How can you even stand to be around her?" Echo asked me. 

I really had nothing to say.

"Exactly." She said. "You know exactly what she does to you. No matter how bad you don't want to admit it, no matter how young you know she is, she still does it. And you can't even deny it, Ash."

She was talking about how Adyson supposedly "abuses me." She saw us in the lunch room, when I had sat down at her table, because she asked me to. She saw how Adyson ignored me, and when I talked, she yelled at me, she hit me and all that. 

But it was normal.

Why didn't Echo get that?