Part Seventeen: School

A/N: If this is your school I'm not trying to be weird by putting a picture of it on here or anything I just looked up Junior Highs in Scranton and this popped up.

*ECHO'S POV*

August 18th. The first day of school. It was 6:05 AM. I'd been up for over 10 minutes now. I had to start getting ready.

I went to my dresser and got a pair of black skinny jeans and a Motionless In White shirt. I quickly got dressed, got my hair straightener and eyeliner, and started walking to the bathroom.

It took me about 20 minutes to get everything that I had to do done. I walked to my room to get my shoes. I wore my plain black and white converse this time, and walked out to the living room to find Ricky and Chris sitting on the couch watching Corpse Bride.

"You exited?" Chris asked me.

"Yeah." I answered. 

"Nervous?" Ricky asked me.

"Yeah."

"Aww it's okay." Chris said as he got up and hugged me. "It's the same school I went to. It's not really that bad...well, it wasn't when I went there. Don't know what it's like now." 

"Neither do I. I've never been to Scranton." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

We just stood there for a few seconds before I decided to ask a question that's been on my mind lately.

"Hey guys, I have a question." I said.

"What is it?" Ricky asked.

"Well...I was just wondering what I'm supposed to call you." I said looking down at the floor.

"Oh." Chris said. "I don't know. You can call us whatever you want." 

"Oh...well, can I call you Dad?" I asked Chris.

His face brightened. "Yeah! Absolutely!" 

"But..what am I supposed to call Ricky?" I asked.

"You can call me whatever you want." He said.

"But I don't know what to call you. I'm out of names." I said.

"Oh. Well you can call me Ricky for now, until you think of something." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"You want to watch Corpse Bride with us until you have to go to school?" Chris asked me.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

~~~

"Okay, guys, Echo has to go to school now." Ricky said as he stood up.

We all walked out to the car and got in. I was so nervous. I've either been home schooled or gone to Kingston my whole life. I didn't even know anyone my age from Scranton. This was so scary.

After about ten minutes of driving, we were at my school. It was huge. I didn't know how I would manage to find my way around it.

We pulled up to the student drop off.

"Here we are." Chris said. "Love you, Echo. Good luck on your first day."

"I'll need it. Bye, guys." I said ask I opened the car door.

"Bye." They both said. 

I watched as they drove away. This was it. My first day.

~~~

I got directions to my homeroom and started walking. I noticed quite a few people looking at me. I didn't know if it was because I was new, or I was wearing all black, and no one else was. I didn't want to know.