Part 26: Fourteen

~~ONE DAY LATER~~

*ECHO'S POV*

I was standing in the woods. I was alone. The sky was a deep purple, and night was about to fall. Orange and red leaves covered the ground. The slight breeze made me cold, as it was late October and I was only wearing a medium length sleeveless black dress. 

I heard footsteps behind me.

I quickly turned around to see who was there.

Lucas.

He walked over to me and took off his jacket.

"Here." He said. I took the jacket and put it on. It was heavy, but it made me warm. 

"What's happening?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"You're dead. Why can I see you?"

"Echo, I know I'm dead. This is a dream."

My heart shattered into a million pieces. Just a dream.

"So none of this is real?" I asked as my voice quivered.

"It kind of is. It's just not happening in reality..." He said.

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm real, just not in reality. This is all in your dream, but it's all happening. And it's real. It's kind of like you've sucked me into it."

"Oh." 

"But I made myself come." 

"Oh? Why?" I asked.

"Because I miss you. I love you. And I needed to see you again." 

"Oh." 

He sighed. "My time's up. I have to go, now." 

He kissed me.

"Happy birthday." 

And just like that, he disappeared. And I woke up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ECHO!!!" Chris said as he ran into my room and hugged me. He was followed by Ricky, who had an aggravated look on his face. Then Ashton, then Eryn, who was leaving today.

"Dammit, Chris, you woke up the whole house." Ricky said.

"But it's her birthday! I have an excuse!" Chris said.

"It's also 7:30 in the morning, Dad." Ashton said. 

"Says someone who plays his drums in the garage at 10:00 at night..." I said to him.

"Real funny." He said.

"Hey, it's the truth." I said back.

"Alright, guys, you can quit it now." Ricky said as he walked over and sat on my bed and kissed my forehead. "Happy Birthday." He said to me.

"Thanks." 

"What do you want for breakfast?" Ricky asked. 

"Um..I kind of wanted to go out to eat. If that's OK." I said.

"Fine with me. are you guys OK with that?" He asked as he turned around.

They all nodded their heads.

"Okay. Everyone get ready. I'll text the guys. Is it okay if they come?" Ricky asked me.

"Yeah. That'll be great." I said.

"Awesome." He said.

After they all left the room, I went to my dresser and picked out some clothes. I got a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a Tokyo Ghoul t-shirt. I grabbed my slightly over sized black jacket and went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.