Chapter Eighteen

ONE MONTH LATER

Jane's P.O.V

"Jenny!" I yelled, excitedly.

She turned around, brown hair whipping behind her, "Hey Jane!"

"You ready for our first day on the job?"

She smiled, "Yeah, how did we score the easiest job in world?"

"Heck, I have no idea."

"Taxi!" Jenny yelled.

A black taxi rolled up, we hopped in.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked.

"London Bride Designs."

Jenny turned to me, "You excited?"

"Duh!" I exclaimed, "Getting to help woman find the dress of their dreams is like being their little fairy."

"I know right, it'll be so fun! I'm glad I get to spend some time with you, with all this college crap, we never get to hang out."

I smiled. Jenny was my best friend from college. She's wanted to become a doctor too. We met on my first day. We met making fun of our math teacher and how she talked with a odd accent. From there, we found out we were room mates and became friends. Jenny was amazing, the perfect best friend.

"Here we are. That'll be 12 pounds ladies."

"Here you go!" Jenny handed him the money.

She shut the door and we stared at the large building. The display windows had mannequins wearing gorgeous thousand dollar dresses with beautiful designs and and shapes. I was really excited to start, this job is my first job I I have had since I started college and I really need the money so I could stop eating ramen noodles all day and all night so this job should surely help me with money. London wasn't cheap and nor was food.

We stepped into the building and were amazed by the even more.beautiful interior. Light pink paint covered the walls and gold decorations decorated the place. Young women were everywhere trying on dresses and growing teary eyed from happiness. I think I'll like it here.

A older woman came up to us, "Hello there. How can I help you today? Do you have an appointment?"

"Oh, no no, I'm Jenny and this is Jane. We're the new girls working here."

Her expression of happiness dulled, "Oh, well welcome. Here," She said, handing us clipboards, "These are your appointments for the day. If you don't sell a dress to at least 7 out of these 9 girls, you will be put onto another job here, one not nearly as good as this. Understood?"

We nodded.

"Good, now get to work ladies. There's mo time to waste. Wasted time is wasted money!" She called, walking off.

"Ugh, that woman needs to get that stick out of her as..."

I smacked her as a couple walked up to us. They looked sweet together. The soon to be husband was tall and has jet black hair while the soon to be wife looked just like him except she had blue eyes.

"Hello!" She smiled.

"Hi, welcome to London Bride Designs. How may we help you?"

"I'm looking for Jenny. I'm April and this is my finance, Jack."

"Oh sure, that's me! Just follow me to the dressing rooms," Jenny winked at me and walked off, "Is there any dress you're looking for in particular? We have a wide selection of..." her voice faded out.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Excuse me?"

The voice sounded oddly familiar. I turned around and stared into dark blue eyes. "Sherlock?"  

The words had supuddered out of my mouth before I could process them. Who was Sherlock?